A Prophecy

A Prophecy:

ar-Razi: This was mentioned in regard to the context of Revelation.

The Prophet would come out of the Masjid al Haram and ‘Aas bin Wa’il (a disbeliever) met each other, and they spoke to each other.

So when the other people of Quraysh said who were you talking to? So he would say; that one who is Abtar – that one who is cut off. (pointing at Allah’s Messenger).

This was definitely a secret they had with each other – despite that – Allah made it manifest. So it became a miracle, because the disbelievers wondered – how did he know we would call him thatAllah did not just expose their slandering of Allah’s Messenger, but He retaliated by saying that they are the ones cut off.

al Aloosi and ar-Razi: The enemy of the Prophet was described with little or nothing (qilla and dhilla).

Allah attributed humiliation and less and less (like the cutting of the tail of an animal) to his enemies – so there is no good left for them whatsoever.

Whereas Allah attributed the word of kawthar, continuously increasing and increasing for His Messenger in abundance.

A total contrast to how the polytheists intended originally.

They thought they had plenty – because Allah explains in surah Quraysh [ayah 2] that He provides for them through the winter and summer trade.

So Allah is replying; No, it is My Messenger who has plenty.

Allah has made the enemies powerless, weak, and embarrassed, discontinuation/cutting off.

And plentifulness and much continuation are for the Messenger of Allah.

A unique correlation has been used to turn the weak and sad situation of Allah’s Messenger into a sign of strength and positive hope.

No-one is honored except who Allah honors, and Allah humiliates His enemies.

- The format of Arabic syntax is important.

A verb is temporary.

A noun is permanent.

Past tense is used for Allah’s Messenger recieving Kawthar -because it was given to him within his lifetime.

For the disbelievers being cut off – a noun is used = permanent – timeless.

So this enemy being cut off isn’t just referring to a temporary enemy of Allah’s Messenger. Rather, it refers to an enemy of all times. Anyone who hates Allah’s Messenger with severe enmity – he will be cut off. Even if he comes hundreds or thousands of years after – he wil be cut off.

yubtar – verb form of – he will be cut off.
abtar – noun form – he IS cut off.The plans have already begun to cut him off.

So just when a hater decides to become an enemy of Allah’s Messenger – already – Allah has CUT HIM OFF. This person has triggered the switch for themselves to be cut off from all good – they will NOT be successful in their evil plans.

Ibn Taymiyah says “Many Muslims, trust worthy, people of expertise and Fiqh spoke many times about their experiences when they surrounded castles and cities in Sham and surrounded the Christians.

They said we would surround the castle or the city, for a month or more and our besieging of them is doing nothing, and we are almost going to give up and leave. Then when the people of that town or castle, would start cursing the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) suddenly it would fall in our hands, sometimes the delay would not be even a day or two and it would be opened by force. So we would take it as a glad tiding when we would hear them curse the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) even though our hearts would be filled with hatred but we would see it as a glad tiding because it is a sign of our coming victory.”

And that is the meaning of the ayah in Surah al Kawthar:

إِنَّ شَانِئَكَ هُوَ الاٌّبْتَرُ

“Indeed your enemy is the one who is cut off!