ABOUT

ONLY A PAPER MOON

a post-war band of brothers original character fanfiction

featuring lewis nixon x oc

book three (3) of

A Tale of Two Heritages

FOLLOWING

book one (1)

A SOLDIER OF NO IMPORTANCE

&

book two (2)

HUMANITY OF THE BROKEN

about the series:

In 1942, Alice Klein embarked on a life changing journey. Selected by the Maquis, the OSS, and the SOE to become a liaison and intelligence officer for the United States paratroopers, she journeyed to England and then the States to help fight for Europe in a new, unheard of way. Because of her intimate knowledge of German, French, and English, and her connections to General Charles de Gaulle through his niece Geneviève, the States were convinced to overlook her status as a female in favor of the assistance she could offer, so long as she kept herself secret from the public eye.

Alice considered herself equal parts German and French. Her mother came from Épinal, her father from Hamburg. Born and raised in Hamburg, her parents moved Alice and her three siblings to Paris upon the election of Hitler to Chancellor of Germany and his dispersal of anti-semitic propaganda.

But the Americans saw Klein and said Nazi. It took befriending Easy Company to break through that misconception, most notably though her close friendships with George Luz and Lewis Nixon. By the time Easy Company readied themselves to jump into Normandy, Alice started to realize that Nix maybe meant more to her than just a friend. But his marriage to Kathy, though arranged and unhappy, meant she pushed the feelings down.

By the time they fought through Bastogne, it became more and more obvious that he felt the same. But Nixon had a responsibility to preserve the family name, and that meant sticking with Katherine Page no matter his feelings. Only when he got a letter of divorce from Kathy did Nixon consider other options to doing as his parents demanded.

Once the war in Europe came to a close, they decided they'd waited long enough.

SECTIONS

SECTIONS

1.   The Early Days

2.   Slice of Life One-Shots

3.   Missing Scenes One-Shots

4. Before Yesterday

5.   Alternate Universe One-Shots

ABOUT ONE-SHOT REQUESTS

If you would like to see a one-shot in any of the first three categories above, please contact me via private messages or leave a comment on here and I will reach out to you.

I do not write pure smut, but I'm not averse to romance scenes that aren't super explicit. 

I reserve the right to deny one-shot requests for any or no reason. Open ended prompts like dialogue snippets are my best friend. Please consider those when requesting.

MISSING SCENES
1942-1945

Moments during the war between any of the members of Easy Company that would've occurred off the page. Can include or exclude Alice, but should be relevant to the AU I created by inserting Alice Klein. This includes rewriting scenes from a different character's perspective or writing characters who maybe aren't with Easy anymore like Guarnere or Toye after they get hit. It just needs to connect to Alice's story in some way.

BEFORE YESTERDAY
1920-1942

Moments in the years before Alice joined Easy. In those days she was Adélaïde Klein, loving sister to three siblings. These one-shots will range from various perspectives, most often Marc Klein, but also Alice (Adelaide), Robert, and potentially Bernadette. These may involve crossovers with AdamantiumDragonfly's character Agent Themis/Ida Hale, which is canon to both our universes.

ALTERNATE UNIVERSE
1940-????

Moments that did not occur in the story-line and would not have occurred in the story-line. This could mean potential other Alice pairings during the war, fix-it one shots of characters who died not dying, Alternative versions of post-war events, etc. These must include Alice or her siblings in some way. This one-shot category will be the most selective by far, so don't be upset if I deny a request. Will most frequently involve crossovers with other fanfic OCs.