xiv. what is love?

。・:*:★,。・:*:・゚☆     LILAC EVANS

。・:*:,。・:*:・゚☆ LILAC EVANS

   IT WAS ABOUT AN HOUR AFTER
we arrived at the hospital, and Dove was slowly becoming more and more responsive. But poor girl still trembled when Spencer and I were in the room, so I assumed she needed a break. Now, Spencer, Rossi, and I were in one of the hospital's waiting rooms, taking a break and discussing details of the case.

"Victim B's name is Laurie." Rossi informed us, stirring the wooden stick in his coffee. "She's also not fully responding to me or the doctors yet."

"Did the doctors say she developed a tolerance for the sedatives as well?" Spencer asked. "The benzodiazepines, I mean."

"Yup. She won't let the doctors touch her now, mostly because they kept on stabbing her with needles that apparently weren't doing anything." Rossi deadpanned, letting out a soft sigh.

"So they can't check for sexual assault?" I asked.

"No..." Spencer mumbled with disappointment. "It's important that they check, hough. Traces of DNA will only last for about a week before it's unattainable."

"And she didn't like you, so the unsub is a man, probably." I muttered.

"She was terrified of me, as well." Rossi nodded.

"But she began to relax around me after a while. Could there be more than one unsub?" I asked them.

I don't know why I was suddenly actively participating in the case now, but it just kind of happened—plus, it wasn't like Dove was going to want to talk to Spencer more than me. Too bad my poor notebook had been untouched for hours now.

"I don't think there's more than one unsub." Spencer mumbled. "Escaping two unsubs would be pretty difficult, also considering the fact that the two unsubs were sick and distraught. And if our unsub did have a wife or something, she would've been the protector, always watching the girls."

I nodded in understanding, glad that Spencer wasn't afraid to kindly shut my ideas down. He always made sure to thoroughly explain exactly why he thought a certain way, which I admired, ever since I started his class. That was what made him a good teacher, after all.

"The areas around interstate X are mostly just made of forest, so the fact these girls made it out to the interstate is also kind of a miracle. It extends to over 1263 square miles." Spencer said.

I still don't understand how the fuck he just knows that.

There was one more thing about being with him on this case—it was making me realize how different Professor Reid was compared to profiler Reid. In class, Spencer was a literal robot with barely any passion for what he was doing, and honestly the man was sometimes a bit lazy with his lessons. But right here, I think that Spencer was at his fullest potential. He seemed focused, and just a lot happier than in the classroom.