Ch. 3

I woke up bathed in a warm, golden light. Standing before me was an angel wearing a tiny white loincloth and nothing else. He had ethereal wings that dominated the room and a strange familiarity to his features. He was short, yes, but his wings and the sheer power radiating off of his stature more than made up for it. His thick dark curls were cropped close to his head, as was his impressive beard.
"Caroline," he boomed in a powerful, deep baritone.
"I am John. I am the the prince of princes, the guider of the lost, the humbler of fools. You have died."
I wasn't surprised. Death is an inevitably, and was strangely comforting. The thing that did confuse me was this angel's identity.
"Were you my history teacher? Grimesy boy? You're the prince of princes?"
"Yes." John responded. "I was put on Earth for a stint to watch over you. Caroline, you're being returned to Earth."
"Why?" I asked. "What's so special about me?"
"Just that." He responded. "You don't know you're beautiful. I put that thought in Harry's head. He had a dream about you, long before he knew you. It was always about you. You're being put back on Earth because you're pure. Your sweet virginal innocence has convinced his Heavenly Father that you're not like other girls. You deserve more. You deserve to go back and exert your influence over the world. Rest assured, it will be great."
With a snap of this fingers, I was traveling from the cloud into a dark wormhole. Just as I could make out Earth, I was swooped up by another winged figure.