Chapter 33

My mind quickly drifted to the events of my dream.

I'm sitting cross legged on the cold floor, tears streaming down my face uncontrollably. I'm staring at a woman who is lying lifeless on the floor, her thick black hair is sprawled allover the floor around her head. Her deep brown eyes are staring back at me as I watch the life in them drain out with every second. Her mouth is slightly hung as if she was trying to say something.

I shook the woman violently, hoping that she would miraculously wake up and soothe my aching heart. Watching her on the floor made my heart break by every passing second and if she doesn't wake up I'd never get to see a smile on her face again, I'd never get to hear her voice again.

I reached out to hold her hands and I opened my mouth to scream at her to wake up, I wanted to tell her not to leave me alone, I wanted to tell her that I wanted to hear her voice again but all that came out was an ear piercing scream.

Her slim but rough hands were slightly colder than mine and I could feel her temperature drop as I held her hands between mine.

The doors suddenly burst open and in a second two people are beside me, one is asking me a bunch of questions which I don't pay attention to. My attention is still solely fixed on the woman on the floor.

Before I could protest I'm being hoisted off the floor and into the arms of someone forcing a gap between me and the woman on the floor. I want to scream at this person holding me to drop me but I'm too weak to do so, I can't find my voice so I let the gap grow and everything begins to fade away

She's the one and the image in front of me is the exact same from my dreams, the only difference is that the image has green eyes just like mine and my dream had brown eyes.

I took a good look at the picture in front of me and turned to the full length mirror just beside the desk. They are right, I look just like her.

A video popped up on the screen and her face came to view, the background is this room, just behind me. She obviously sat on this chair to make this video.

"Hey there, Gio, Dante, Mia and Jemma. Jemma I really hope you have a good boyfriend," she laughed and a smile crept to my lips. "Yes Jemma, I knew what I was going to name you the moment I knew that I was pregnant for you. Gio, I'm sorry  for running away, for lying to you, I really am. I love you Gio, I really do but I just had to keep our baby from the rough life that she was sure to get. Jemma when I give birth to you, I'm going to make Mia swear to keep you as far away from the mafia as possible until you're eighteen, by then you'll be able to make your own decisions. If you're watching this video Jemma that means that I gave birth to you without stress and you survived eighteen years. I'm proud of you baby, you're strong. Gio, Jemma is your daughter, she probably looks like you. Jemma I'm doing this video because I don't want you to doubt who you are. I know your life up till now, was a lie for you and my baby I'm truly sorry for that but I just want you to make your decisions by yourself. Yeah, yeah I'm taking you away and giving you a life you didn't ask for but you have to know that the mafia isn't a joke so if you're in the mafia, it's your choice, after all you're eighteen now. Now I know that I might die at anytime and I don't want to leave this earth without an explanation for my daughter so that's why I'm doing this before I leave Italy and I'm deliberately leaving my laptop. Oh and the only reason why you are seeing this video is because Jemma is alive. I know she is going to guess the password correct even though she knows nothing about me. Okay I think I've talked enough and the cloud is clear. Jemma make your choice and always know that I love you. Gio I love you too. Dante take care. My love to the mafia, bye!"

The video endded.

A tear dropped on my hands that are on my lap and I quickly wiped my eyes. I haven't cried since I was ten, sorry eleven.

I turned back around to face everyone. "I guess we've all heard from the horses mouth. Thanks to all of you who helped me discover the real me, to those who protected me all my life," I looked at Mia. "Yes I'm talking to you Mia, thank you for protecting me and for fulfilling my mother's wishes."

Devin gave me a quick hug and kissed my cheeks then walked out of the room, Jade huged me and followed suit, Dante nodded at me and stepped out too. Mia came to hug me and I let her for the first time in seven years.

Jasper puller me to him and I rested my head on his chest. He tucked my hair behind my ears and kissed my hair. "Are you okay?"

I nodded, looking up at him. He placed a lingering kiss on my lips before stepping out of the room, leaving my dad and I alone.

"So, you're my father," I looked at him.

"And you're my daughter," he sat down on the floor, resting his back on the foot of the bed. "I'm glad I have a daughter."

I sat down beside him, "what was she like?"

"She was beautiful. Stubborn at times, fun to talk with, she loved to paint and draw, I'm sure you'll find some of her paintings in this room or the pictures on her laptop. She loved nature so much and her favorite color was white, that's why this room is white. She was one of the best hackers I knew. Oh and she had asthma just like you." He told me, his eyes glazing over.

"She was sure an amazing woman," I played with my fingers.

"Just like you. You look so much like her and even act like her. The way you get angry and how you seem to mock people when you're angry with them. The way you also raise your eyebrow is exactly how she used to do it. " He chuckled.

"Then what did I take from you?" I smiled a little.

"Your body. The height and body structure is surely from me."

"Yeah right," I laughed and he joined me.

"No matter what choice you make either to join the mafia or not, you'll always be my daughter," he kissed my forehead before standing up. "You might want to take a good look at that computer, I'm sure your mother has a bunch of pictures and videos in there," he said before walking out.

So this is my life, daughter of the Italian Don. Even though my life has been a lie, I never lie to myself and I meant it when I said that I want nothing to do with the mafia.

All the information I got today is way more than what I imagined but I'm grateful that I came. I'll spend as much time as I can in this room and with my mother's laptop then before Friday night we leave and head back to California for Jasper's game.

Since my mother was a painter, I guess I have to bring out my artistic side out once again. I love painting and drawing so much but Mia throwing me out made me stop it. I still take art in school but I don't participate much.

When you take a good look at things, you actually discover that things happen for a reason. For seven years I had always looked at Mia in a bad light but it was only that way because she was protecting me and fulfilling someone's last wish. That was her reason and she was justified.

I'm grateful for what my mother did, even though I grew up without a complete family. I would have been born into the mafia, the ruthless and rough life which is the complete opposite of what I want for myself right now.

I forgive my mum, I forgive Mia. If anything they gave me the best life they could give me and I can never be more grateful.

***

Hey there! Jemma is no longer in the dark, I think. This book still has three more chapters plus an epilogue so don't go just yet.

Please vote, comment, share and follow me if you like.

IG @daviidsofiia
Snapchat @sof1a63

Till next time. xoxo.