Chapter 5

Three years later, Dick was with Slade on a mission. "Daaad!" Dick was hanging upside down on the rafters of a warehouse watching as Joker and Scarecrow made a trade. "I am bored!" He whined into his comms.

"Patience Renegade." Deathstroke said softly. Joker has somehow caught wind that Batman was in the area and had asked his two favorite assassins to watch over the trade. "All is going well. We should be able to leave in about ten minutes or so."

"Fine, Master." Dick teased, flipping down to land on Deathstroke's shoulders.

"Renegade." Deathstroke sighed. This child... "Be professional or I will ground you."

"Can I stay here then?" Renegade asked. Deathstroke knew the nine year old was giving him puppy dog eyes in the thought of them alone made him nod. Renegade hugged his head happily before falling silent for a few more minutes. That was until a movement in the shadows of the rafters caught his eye. "The Bat is here dad." Renegade whispered softly. "He's sitting in the rafters." He slipped from Deathstroke's shoulders and landed in a crouch beside the tall man.

Deathstroke stole a glance at Joker and Scarecrow to see that they had finished the deal. "Okay Renegade. Here's the plan. You go tell them that Batman is here and they need to leave while I distract the big bad Bat himself." Renegade tapped Deathstroke's leg once in acknowledgement before slipping off to fulfill his orders.

*With Renegade*

Renegade dropped down between the two super villains. "Uncle J, Uncle Crow, you need to leave. Batman showed up. Dad is handling him at the moment." Renegade heard metal clang in looked up in worry.

"Sure thing Ren. Distract him for about ten minutes for us to get to our bases and then meet us there for your payment." Scarecrow said quickly, giving Renegade a pat on the head. Renegade frowned.

"Oh yeah! Ren! I almost forgot. Harl's got you a gift! Stop by later for it. Okay?" Joker laughed and slap the half gold half blue eyed boy on his back, causing him to stumble a little.

"Will do. Get going. I don't want to see you guys in Arkham again." Renegade last and the two adults vanished into the night. With a cackle, Renegade joined Deathstroke against Batman.

*With Deathstroke and Batman*

"Batman." The mercenary stood ten feet away from the bat themed vigilante. "What brings you here?" Deathstroke tilted his head mockingly at him, buying time for his apprentice and son to inform their clients of the situation.

"Deathstroke. I am sure you know why I am here." Batman said gruffly, palming some Batarangs.

"Whatever do you mean?" Deathstroke chuckled.

"There is three super villains in one spot. Why else would I be here?" Batman retorted, flinging his Batarang at him.

Deathstroke caught it and started to study it. "Maybe because there is four super villains and not three?" And right on cue, Renegade's unnerving cackle rang through the air.

Seconds later, Renegade was crouched beside Deathstroke, his Cheshire grin present on his face. "Sup Deathy, Bats."

Deathstroke gained a tic mark and grabbed Renegade in a headlock, rubbing his knuckles painfully in the child's hair. "I don't care what you call Batman but I do care if you call me Deathy!" Deathstroke growled. "Be professional for once!"

"Ouch!" Renegade cried. "Your such a hypocrite sometimes!" Deathstroke let him go.

Batman threw a few more Batarangs at them and they dodged them easily. "Who is he?" Batman asked, glaring at the boy.

"You don't recognize my costume? How hurtful! Dad! He is being mean!" Renegade his behind Deathstroke with his back to them as he fake cried. Moments later, he was back beside Deathstroke. "Anyway, in all seriousness, I am Renegade." Renegade bowed mockingly.

Batman did something no one before has made him do. He had his mouth open in a shocked expression. "You are Renegade? The Renegade who killed almost three thousand people in three years? How? You are just a kid!"

"I am not just a kid." Renegade paused in dramatic offense. "I am an overqualified kid in my profession!"

"That's it. You are grounded." Deathstroke murmured to Renegade, quiet enough so Batman couldn't hear him.

"You understand that what you were doing is wrong right?" Batman came closer and Deathstroke backed away, already knowing what his son was going to do based on his previous experience of when a hero asked him this question.

Renegade broke down. "I-I don't have a choice!" He cried. "D-Deathstroke m-makes m-me do i-it! I can't disobey him!" He grabbed the edge of his black and red tattered edged cloak and dabbed at his eyes. Batman cautiously came closer and Deathstroke smirked behind his two toned mask.

"Come with me. I can protect you and get you help. I can make sure you won't go to jail." Batman, being the hero he was, offered the small child who was crying in front if him. He was now in arms reach of the boy when it happened.

Renegade looked up with a wide smile. "I lied~" He sang, quickly kicking Batman in the bald before kneeing him in the face, effectively breaking his nose. "Let's go Deathstroke!" Renegade laughed and they both vanished to their motorcycles, leaving a groaning and bleeding Batman on the floor behind them.

Renegade couldn't believe that even worked. And Batman was supposed to be the world's greatest detective! Ha! What a joke! They pulled up to Joker's and Scarecrow's temporary base.

"Stay here." Deathstroke ordered.

Renegade leaned forward, resting his elbows on the handle bars of his bike. "No can do. I got nothing to do at the moment." He replied with a cheeky grin.

Deathstroke ruffled the boy's hair fondly before walking into the base. Harley walked over when he was out of sight. "Ren!" She squealed happily. "It's been forever!"

"It's only been a week Mom." Renegade laughed as he returned her hug.

"Exactly. Forever. Anyway, I have a gift for you. Or... Three gifts anyway." She reached into the bag on her back and pulled out a wrapped gift. It was the size of a poster that was rolled up. Renegade gently unwrapped it and unrolled the poster. It was a giant picture of him, Deathstroke, Harley, Ivy, Joker, Catwoman, Ra's, Talia, Damian, Scarecrow, Penguin, and Twoface all together. It was one of his favorite pictures of his new family and he cried when his copy somehow got wet and ruined.

Renegade was speechless as he stared at it. Actual tears came to his eyes and he pulled Harley into a bone crushing hug. "Thank you." He cried. Hey, he was only nine years old. He can still cry every now and then.

She rubbed his back soothingly. "You're welcome Dickie." She said softly. "I knew how much it meant to you so I got you a new one." She handed him another one, which he promptly unrolled. This one was of Catwoman, Harley, Ivy, and him all together. The third one she handed homes of him and Slade. Slade was sitting on the couch and Sick was in his lap and they were both staring at a file with small smiles on their faces. (Picture above)

"How did you get this one?" Dick asked.

She giggled and winked at him. "I have my ways."