Chapter 7

"Dick!" Slade called down the hallway. "Hurry up! We need to go!" They were invited to go to Bruce Wayne's party and Dick had to admit, he was excited to go.

"Coming!" Came the eager shout as his door was yanked open and the nine year old ran out before skidding to a stop in front of the tall one eyed man. "How do I look?" He hopped impatiently from one foot to the other as the older scanned him up and down.

Dick was wearing a small black tuxedo that was custom made with finely woven Kevlar in case something were to happen, a comm was hidden in his ear and covered with his slightly messy ebony hair that seemed to bring the whole look together. However, his tie that contained a hidden knife was completely wrong. Slade chuckled lightly. "You look good except for one thing." His grey-blue eye stares at the offending tie pointedly.

The child looked down and yelped. "Oh come on! I thought that I fixed it!" He started to fiddle with it, trying to fix it but only succeeded in making it worse. He groaned in frustration. Slade was amused by his adopted son's inability to even tie a tie and reached out to fix it for him, earning a delighted smile. "Thanks Dad!" Dick said happily before taking his hand and dragging him to the vehicles. Slade had noticed that the Talon in him seemed to keep getting stronger every year and by simply dragging and pulling the older man along with him, was a sign of his Talon super strength. "Now come on! There will be delicious free food there!" Of course, Slade drove after promising to let Dick drive them home, Dick started to butcher the English language again for the half hour drive to Wayne Manor. "If like is the opposite of dislike, then shouldn't aster be the opposite of disaster?"

"Really now?" Slade asked, used to his son and partner's antics and only half paying attention to him.

"Onion rings are vegetable doughnuts." Slade made a face. "Lobsters are mermaids to scorpions."

"Where do you even get these ideas from?" Slade asked, looking out of the corner of his eye to stare at Dick.

Dick made a mind blown gesture with his hands. "Places." He said mysteriously. "A starfish doesn't have a brain. Sharks are the only fish that can blink both eyes. Lasagna is spaghetti flavored cake. Your stomach thinks all potatoes are mashed."

Slade wanted to get his mind off of these ridiculous notions of his. "And what did I tell you about the quickest way to a girls heart was?" Slade interrupted.

"Between the fourth and fifth rib!" Dick chirped.

Slade nodded. "Good. We're here."

Slade parked the car and Dick jumped out, Slade following slower, and they walked to the front door and knocked. The old British butler named Alfred let them in and as soon as Dick walked in, a shout of "Dickie!" was heard.

Dick turned to see who shouted his name and seen Selina standing with Bruce Wayne and Clark Kent and his face lit up. "Mom!" He jumped at her and she caught him, encasing him in a large hug.

Bruce and Clark gave each other confused looks. "Mom?" Bruce questioned, wondering if they were blood related. If that were the case, he would have to keep an eye on him. Actually, he would have to keep an eye on anyone associating with Catwoman.

Selina ignored him and instead decided to introduce the two men to Dick. "This is Bruce Wayne, the B-man, CEO of Wayne Enterprise, and my friend." She said dramatically, pointing to Bruce who held his hand out to the nine year old. Dick shook it with a mischievous glint and a light shock jolted through Bruce. He jerked his hand back and stared at the kid, who raised his own hand and showed one of those little shocking things that shocks people who shakes hands with them. Selina smiled at him. "That's my boy. Anyway, this is Clark Kent, a lousy, nosy reporter, and Bruce's... Friend?" She questioned before waving Clark off.

Bruce snickered as Clark adopted an offended look. "Why does everyone say that?"

Selina set Dick down and kneeled in front of him. "Where's your father Dick?"

He shrugged, pointing a thumb over his shoulder. They looked over his shoulder to see Slade standing ten feet away from them and glaring at the boy. "Let me guess, he's glaring at me?" They nod and Dick turned around. "Dad, what kind of food is here?" He called.

Slade walked over and gently slapped the back of the boys head. "Stop thinking about food all of the time! I don't care if lasagna is spaghetti flavored cake either!" Slade continued and Dick shut his mouth and pouted.

Bruce ruffled Dick's hair. "There is plenty of food here. I am sure he can have some."

"NO!" Selina and Slade shouted together. Slade coughed into his fist when Bruce and Clark looked shocked. "I mean, he is not allowed to."

"Surely he can't be that bad." Clark said, looking over the pouting nine year old again.

"Oh he is bad!" Selina emphasized the word bad. "He is so bad that Slade is picky about what he eats and drinks."

Slade nodded. "I already looked at the table and he is not allowed to have any of it."

Bary Allen walked up to Bruce. "This food is delicious!" He complimented before looking at the child in the group who was staring longingly at the food on his plate. "Try some." He offered to Dick who snatched it out of his hands and wolfed it down. Selina looked horrified and started to lead the child out of the manor, with Slade following after sending a glare to Barry who looked confused.

"Was it something I did?" Bary asked turning to Clark and Bruce. They shrugged and were quiet for a moment.

Clark gasped. "Dick has one gold eye and one blue eye." Clark said in realization.