Smartass

"No way I've always loved that name" I smiled wide for the first time in a while. I'm not use to accepting compliments and that was a very big compliment. I looked in her bright brown eyes and answered "thankyou". She smiled in response, I knew she wanted me to ask her but I couldn't create any kind of friendship. Not right now anyway.

We both continued doing our work until the bell rang. I packed my things and left for gym. The girl from before came up behind me once I left class. We both walked down the small hallway; dotted with random teens.

"so gym class... Do you need help with directions?" she asked clearly prying. 

I replied with a simple 

"no I'm good" and followed the response by walking slightly quicker. She matches my pace next to me, people in the corridor seem to part for her which confused me but I payed it little attention.

Once I reached the changing room I hooked my bag up (luckily I brought gym kit incase). I turned and there she was, "very good new kid". I rolled my eyes and turned back to my bag.

The gym changing room was reasonably large, benches were in the middle with hooks drilled into the top, they were all a light green. The floor was rough like sand paper almost, but green with shiny bits in it. The showers were at the back they looked dirty and damp from a far so I had little interest in investigating further. The bathroom was by the door, straight in front of me, I took the first bench, which none seemed to have a problem with. I moved my clothes out of my bag and went to the toilet I changed into leggings and a baggy jumper with a shirt underneath.

I left the toilet and put my clothes back in my bag. All the girls were told to meet in the gym for a 'boxing class' which seemed odd to me; netball or hockey would have been my guess.

We were paired up, I was with the girl from maths; coach called her Jemma. The girl mouthed a "I'm sorry" as she stood in a strong boxing position on the mat. I was surprised at her knowledge, and I guessed she expected to wipe the floor with me. Unfortunately for her I will not be beaten.

She went for my face; I ducked and got her in the stomach. She stumbled back a few feet, we began circling again I faked right then left and got her on the right side and then slammed her left side while she was off balance. She fell to the floor like a sack of potatoes and I've never felt more guilty. 

We drew a crowd, other seniors watched; suspicious of me, my brother included though he ignored me.

Just as she fell I heard a furious roar. I turned to see that weird dude cursing at me. 

"What the fuck is your problem? What have you done to my sister? Your fucking crazy you bitch!"

I was actually scared not because of that looser but of actually hurting someone I thought was alright I guess. I sat down next to her.

"Are you alright? I didn't know what was going on I just - I didn't mean to hurt you." She rolled over coughing 

"bloody hell your good ahaha where did you lean to fight?" I let out a breath of relief. 

"ahaha no where you wanna go" I smiled, stood up and held a hand out. As I stood up my brother made direct eye contract, I could only look away.

The brutes apparent brother rushed over, before she could take my hand. He sat beside her 

"are you ok?" He asked with concern. I frowned slightly. feeling jealous that my brother didn't care for me like that, at all. I watched as she said 

" yeah I'm good. Give it a rest she's a good fighter. I'm the best female and she took me out." Suddenly everyone looked to me. I'm the best female - what is with this school.

The brother helped his sister up, stepped to me then said 

"look here smartass I don't know how you cheated but I know a human couldn't do that. If you ever touch her again I swear to god." I just stood there astonished- magic, what the.

I was about to retaliate when the brown haired girl said 

"Ash leave her alone she won I'm proud and surprised but she did nothing wrong." Ash grunted and turned his back walking through the gap in the crowd.

"Well now I really want to be friends with you" Jemma said with the biggest smile.

And I smiled back.

————————————————————-
Hi I hope you liked it I'm getting into writing this story :-)
812 words