CHAPTER ONE

KLAUS' MANSION, MYSTIC FALLS, VIRGINIA

"Well, one down. You may want to, ah, send the rest of them away before it gets messy again." Stefan drops a bloody saw on the ground, looking at the severed head below him in distaste. Klaus clenches his fists and his jaw.

As Stefan turns to leave, the doorway is blocked by Meredith. "Stefan Salvatore, I presume?" She cocks her head to the side. Klaus relaxes slightly when he sees her.

"What's it to you?" Stefan bites back, then he gasps as Meredith sticks her hand inside his chest, gripping his heart in the palm of her hand, and squeezing slightly. "Who are you?" The younger vampire gasps.

"Meredith Lester, love. I'm the Manslayer. I'm sure you've heard of me. Now, listen well, Stefan Salvatore. You're going to give my brother-in-law his coffins back, or I swear to god, anything he's done to you will seem like a blessing after I'm done with you."

Then, she let him go, and he sped away from the house. Meredith scowled at her bloody hand and looked around, trying to find something to clean it with. She saw the dead hybrid on the ground, and knelt down, using her shirt as a towel.

Once the blood was wiped off and her hand was clean, she looked up at a smirking Klaus. "I was not joking, if he doesn't get those coffins, he won't live very long."

"Oh, I know you weren't kidding. But, I'm going to send a little warning in the form of a werewolf bite."

"Lovely. Have fun. I'm leaving to find a drink." The brunette flashed away.

LATER THAT NIGHT, KLAUS' MANSION, MYSTIC FALLS, VIRGINIA

Meredith was sat in the kitchen, a bloodbag hanging from her mouth and her phone in her hand when Klaus walked into the house, slamming the front door shut behind him as he made his way towards where she was sitting.

She raised an eyebrow. "Who's pissed on your mood?"

"Stefan bloody Salvatore."

"What now?"

"He's made me send away my hybrids."

"How did a baby vampire make you, Niklaus Mikaelson, do something?"

"He threatened to kill the blood source of turning my hybrids. I had to do it. I had to send them away."

"You don't have to do anything, Niklaus. Or have you forgotten that?"

"Never."

NEXT DAY, SALVATORE BOARDING HOUSE, MYSTIC FALLS, VIRGINIA

Meredith has been asked to accompany Klaus to the Salvatore Boarding House for a little talk with Stefan Salvatore. She gladly came along, and they both sat waiting inside the house, drinking the alcohol there as they waited.

Stefan walks in and turns the music down. "What are you doing here?"

"Enjoying our stalemate."

Stefan stands in front of the two. "What do you want?"

"The question is, what do you want? My hybrids left town as you demanded, so, please tell me what I need to do to get my family back."

Stefan turns, and walks over to another seat, and sits, crossing his legs. "Well, see, uh, Klaus, I'm not negotiating."

"Beg your pardon?" Meredith finishes her drink and stands, placing one hand on her hip. "You think you've got a choice?"

Klaus ignores her. "You understand that holding them indefinitely is the same thing as dropping them in the ocean."