CHAPTER TWO

KLAUS' MANSION, MYSTIC FALLS, VIRGINIA

Damon and Stefan had been invited over for dinner at Klaus' mansion to discuss terms for an agreement. Topics are started, none of them involving the agreement. Klaus talks about Tatia, which brings Stefan to ask.

"Speaking of loved ones. Who the hell is Meredith?"

"Meredith is our sister-in-law." Klaus replies simply.

"Hard to believe someone would want to marry into this family." Damon snorts.

"That may be, Damon. But, if you knew Meredith, you would know that she is truly a Mikaelson." Klaus grins. "Maybe you've heard of her more known alias, the Manslayer?"

"So, she's a ripper." Stefan deadpans.

"Not a ripper, no. Rippers don't have control, they cannot overcome their bloodlust, it rules them. Meredith had control, she always has. She just really likes killing people."

"Not a ripper, then, but a psychopath."

"Best to not let her husband hear that." Elijah winces, imagining what Kol would do to them after hearing them speak about his beloved wife this way.

"Who is her husband?" Damon inquires.

"Kol." Klaus says. "Our youngest brother. Mainly known as the Wildest Mikaelson. They suit each other perfectly. She went crazy when I daggered him. Still is, if we're being honest."

"Well, Niklaus, she is his soulmate." Elijah rolls his eyes.

"Soulmate? They're soulmates?"

"They are."

"And where is Meredith tonight?"

"Upstairs with a broken neck." Klaus grins.

Elijah clears his throat. "So, why don't we move this evening along and discuss the terms of this proposal?"

Needless to say, that didn't end very well, considering it ended with Klaus pushing Stefan's arm into the fire, and forcing Damon to leave to get the last coffin, and telling Elijah to go with him. "Go ahead and kill me. I know you'll do it when he brings the coffin." Stefan said.

Klaus pulls him from the fire. "You really have given up, haven't you? Where's the right? Where's the ripper?"

He pushes the younger man, who pushes back, then Elijah and Damon enter again, with a female server carrying a tray.

"Elijah, why haven't you left?"

Elijah has a small, smug smile on his face as he spreads his arms wide. "Where are your manners, brother? We forgot dessert." He whips the cover off the tray and reveals two daggers on it.

"What have you done?" Klaus whispers in shock.

"What have you done? You see, I've learned not to trust your vulgar promises, Klaus. We're doing this on my terms now."

The same handsome man from the coffin before enters the room. Kol Mikaelson. "Kol." Klaus' eyes widen as he backs away slightly.

"Long time, brother." Kol smirks. Damon realises that this is the Mikaelson that married Meredith. Klaus begins to back away more, when a man with long, unkept hair and a grim face appears, taking on of the daggers from the tray.

"Finn, don't!" But to no avail, because Finn stabs him in the hand. Klaus turns to speed away and runs into Rebekah, who is still dressed in a tight red dress. "Rebekah!"