01

"I been waiting for an hour now. Where the hell are you?" he screamed at me through the phone. "I'm literally five minutes away. I'll be there before you know it," I lied. I was at home, brushing my teeth,but of course, he did not need to know that.

"You're lying. You said that one hour ago. I don't know why I keep doing this," he said. "You should really know better than to expect me to be on time," I admonished him. And really, he should know better. I have been picking them up for a week now, and I haven't been on time once. It's not really my fault though. I always try to get up on time, but at the last second, I am forced to make a decision between my warm bed and the cold bathroom floor. Needless to say, I pick my bed every day. 

"Well hurry up and get here you idiot," I heard Jason yelling in the background right before Tyrone hung up on me. They are gonna be so mad, I thought as I grabbed the keys to my sister's Chevrolet.

Turns out, I was right. They were fuming,but they didn't say anything when they saw my car pull up. Even more strange, they both sat in the back, instead of fighting over shotgun.
To fill up the silence, I decided to put on some music.

"Rhian, if I hear that song one more time..." Jason threatened. "You don't like it? Ty, you love it right?" I asked for backup.

"It's the worst thing I've ever heard, and I've heard Jason sing," Tyrone replied. "I didn't say anything the first few days because it was bearable then, but come on, you can't possibly like this."

So they don't like my music. At least they're talking to me again, I thought as I stopped the car.

I looked at the building. This was the place we came to five times a week to receive what society termed as an education. This was also the place I would be spending my next two Saturdays if I did not devise a strategy.

"Tyrone, we need a plan," I said in my most dramatic voice.

"How late are we?"

"We've missed two periods approximately," I informed.

"What! I had a Chemistry test second period," Jason yelled.

"You weren't gonna pass anyways."

"True, but what's our plan, Ty?"

"C'mon guys, it's the same plan we had yesterday, and the day before that. We go in through the east entrance, hide in the old music room, until the bell goes off. Then we blend in with the crowd of students who will be leaving classrooms."

"That's excellent, Ty," I praised him, knowing fully well I was only ticking him off even further. I mean he was going to rip at me later anyways. "Lead the way."

As I said this, they both opened the doors and got out, leaving me behind as I rolled the windows up and locked the car once I was outside. I felt like telling them to wait up, but I decided against it, since they were not that far ahead of me.

The old music room was in a dark hallway that was seldom used by students and staff on the second floor of the building. Walking through that place alone was enough to give a person nightmares. The floors were dusty and cobwebs were in every corner, an indication that the grounds keeper had not been here in ages. Why should he though? This particular hallway had long ago been abandoned since all the rooms were either no longer in use, or had been moved upstairs.

As for the music room, well it fit in perfectly with its surroundings. It had an old door that was a reminder of the fire that had made this particular hallway undesirable. Inside, there was nothing. Four walls and a window that gave a view of the school's parking area was all the place consisted of.