Chapter 25 teaser

I'm sorry about this, but for some reason I couldn't write the teaser on ch24. Must've been a problem with how long the chapter was. So here it is!

"When this is all sorted out- when we put this humpty-dumpty back together again with body and soul as one, and my name can be cleared of the wrong against me- You're never going to be able to get rid of me for as long as we both shall live."

Her words, while heavy on his heart with affection, suddenly took on a whole new meaning when he considered her phrasing and his eyes lit with an expression of shock at her unapologetic eyes smiling at his face when he recognized what she meant. It was something that Wangji had only dreamed about before when they had begun their courting, keeping him awake at night when those scenes bled into his sleep. Wei Meifeng, the girl he had been loyal to for the past fourteen years and three months, had basically proposed to him in a manner that was completely unique to her. This caused a feeling to explode in his chest with such sheer happiness that he couldn't stop a tiny smile from forming on his lips.

They would outlast this darkness and, when Meifeng could walk away from this experience as a free woman, they would be able to finally call each other theirs.