prologue

I met the one for me when I was 6 years old.

She's known as Rocky Tamara.

She had blonde hair, gorgeous eyes and kissable lips. She lived three houses away from me, and they moved in just days before. To welcome them in, our neighbourhood threw a party for them, and we were all forced to attend at first, but when I saw her in her dark denim skirt and plain black top, I was completely paralysed.

She's the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. She became even more beautiful when the Browns, the most stubborn triplet brothers in town, started to call her out for moving in, then she managed to make them all scared of her. When I introduced myself, she thought that I was faking my welcoming attitude, but when I willingly gave her the hard, candied flower on my cake slice, she changed her mind about me.

That day, I found out that she was the second of five siblings in her family, with her older brother being only a year older than us. After her was her younger sister, who's 3 years younger than us, then, finally, her baby twin brothers, who were the main reasons why they had to move. I also found out that she was born on the 28th of September, which made me exactly 2 months older than her. On top of that, her parents were planning to let her attend the same school as I was.

Fate was playing a game with us.

We spent the entire day talking about toys, playing on the swings, and blowing bubbles while pretending that they were animals exploring in the wild. She was just as beautiful as her personality, and while I knew nothing about love, I knew that I wanted to grow old with her and keep her close to my heart.

When they had to go, it was the saddest yet happiest moment of my life. I was sad because my time with her was over, but I was hopeful enough to wish that it won't be the last time we talk to and see each other.

Instead of just waving goodbye to me, she kissed the palm of her hand and slapped it gently across my face, causing me to laugh as I did the same to her. Her parents called her name again, then she ran towards them with glee, her expression bittersweet as she walked away.

That's when I knew that she was the one.