confess (millard nullings)

Request for  stranger_uris

It had only a few years since Clara had arrived at Miss Peregrine's loop.  Over the past few years, she had developed a deep friendship with Millard.

He enjoyed taking notes on how she could communicate to animals.  "it's so fascinating, Clara," Millard spoke deeply invested in focusing on her.  Clara chuckled, "Why's that?" she spoke standing up walking over to sit next to Millard.  "Hugh can talk to his bees.  Why am I so different?'  She spoke curiously.

"Well, for example, you can talk to a variety of animals.  Hugh can only speak to bees."  Her cheeks turned red at his words.  

"Well I don't think there's anything special about it,"  she said sheepishly.  

Millard sat up straight against the tree and turned to look her in the eye.

"Well it's not just your ability that's special, you as a peculiar are special too, love," he spoke rather confidently going back to his notes.  

He had never called her love.  To think about it, he never called her anything but her name.  The more she thought about it, the more she liked the way he called her love.  It made her feel special considering he'd never called anyone else to love either.  She liked to be someone's love.  Specifically Millard.

The moment was quiet, the only noise was Millard writing on a paper with his pen, sometimes scribbling over a word instead of erasing.

Rather awkwardly he placed his hand over hers.  They both looked down at their hands back up to each other.  'I- uh.  There's something I've been holding off, my dear,"  he spoke as if he seemed embarrassed to speak.  

He had done it again.  He called her my dear.  Just the thought of her new nickname made her heart flutter.  "What's that?"

"Well, you may not be aware of this, or you may not feel the same, but I am completely and utterly in love with you."  He spoke rather confidently.

He took her hands in his and leaned in, pressing their lips together.

After they leaned away from each other, he gave her a moment to slap or hit him. 

"Millard, I feel the exact same way."

"Well that's a relief, " he spoke softly, putting his forehead against hers.