Chapter Twelve: Amor Loco

I was at Easy Coach looking at everyone who was coming in lest my eyes land on her. I had a lot of expectations and our previous talk last night psyched me up even more. I was not ready to handle a Nairobian but I was so sure that I'd swim past this wave too. The queen as it were, came at around nine in the morning. I had travelled the previous night.

Usually, guys hide at a pillar to see if the person meeting them is the person they have seen in pictures or the original version of whom they met, and whether the person has changed to be worse. Well, I didn't. I was just at a place she could see me when she walks in. And behold, Violet walks in and I have never met someone so beautiful. I was already lost for words even before she talked to me. I was a village boy guys, so don't judge me for freaking out when she stretched her arms to hug me. Well, it wasn't my first hug but Violet's was just something. She was smelling nice and her face was clear; like, no pimple, just small dimples. She hugged me for at least five minutes and I cannot untangle the feeling I had. There was of course that chitchat we had as we walked out of the office towards the Manchester Coach that was to drop us at Juja. I didn't know any place in town. Leave alone those people who come to Nairobi looking for Afya Centre. I just knew Easy Coach and Rembo shuttle. That was a complete cycle for me in the city.

I was pretending to be so confident but deep down I couldn't take it. The queen made me hold her hand as we walked around. Well, maybe she thought I'd be hit by a vehicle while crossing the road or what (true by the way). Have you ever met someone so above your league that you conclude that all this was just a prank? No? Well, I did. And I was so sure after this day, I'd never see her again coz guys, you don't want to meet me back then. Love.

She had these blue jeans on, trouser, and a top that revealed her cleavage. She had a pendant that hanged just where you're thinking and her front was as promising as her back. I don't know, but I kept my eyes inclined at her chest and she realized. She had to set them at a position that I didn't struggle seeing and the journey to Juja was long. My hand was wound at her waist and once in a while she would lean on my shoulder. She just knew the right strings to pull and your village boy right here was lost in a world that only him can remember of. Her hand was rubbing on my thigh (so gross to mention a guy's thigh; what term should I use?) and I really thank God I had the tight ones. You got that I suppose; public phallus is so disappointing.

I was pretending to be so tired so that she doesn't ask me of something I didn't know but she kept telling me how much she loved me. We got to Juja and all the highway experience was fun. I had never been to Juja you know and all this was a road-trip to me. She was not scared of holding my hand as we even walked through the gate. The watchmen had their funny comments, but who cares? Violet did all the talking. She asked one of the guards where we would pick the letters and the guy was so willing to help. He directed as to Pavilion, and we got our letters. There was a guy who was giving the letters and he told us it was too early for us to hold hands; campus was way fun.

Anyone who have ever been with me would confirm how talkative I've always been. I was so careful with her though. She believed in love and that's all that mattered to me. We went for some quick lunch and she paid. I was never used to seeing girls with pouches. Our mums in the villages and some of the girls keep their money under their bras. I cannot remember everything we talked about but I was so confused the whole time. We had a whole day to ourselves and she walked me around town as I had booked a bus to get me back home the same day. My brother was so surprised that I didn't call him to help me locate the school.

She walked me back to Easy coach and we were there for at least forty minutes. We were at the back of the waiting lounge, left wing of the main waiting base for Easy Coach. Violet was so sensitive to any slight touch. I'd innocently fondle her hair and touch her forehead with mine (makes sense, Right?). Before we knew it, we were osculating and going so emotional. We kissed for at least five minutes and that was a long time. All this time we never realized the place was stacked with CCTV cameras and the guy in the control room was watching. I thank God he came coz I don't know how deep it would have got. He gave us some few lectures about Easy Coach not being a lodging but a travel agent. He was so mad that he could cancel my ticket but didn't. I was so freaked out and Violet was all calm and all. In fact, she was giggling down there and still holding my hand. He almost threw us out but I apologized and Violet too. We laughed at ourselves and how daring we were and that's basically what got me in, deeper. It's always fun having someone you can break rules together and not feel guilty.

The fantasy grew massive day by day and I was so sure that we loved each other. I told my mum about her and she was surprised at how fast I changed vessels. But you know, mums are supportive. She was now over me with her theories about university having hot girls and all. Well, I could not object because honestly, hard work had earned me this one.

September was fast approaching and I had prepared myself to start off the campus life with my girlfriend. We were so close that I could feel her skin through the phone. Really? Yeah! The fact that she looked the same in pictures and in real life gave me some boost. Usually, a guy would always boast about his beautiful girlfriend and would want the people to know that he actually got her to love him. I was so proud of her and I was so ready to contribute to topics about real and true love, anywhere. The first day in campus was a turn over to our love script.