Confessions to a Teenage Drama Queen

I wanted to strangle him. How could he not just tell me who he liked? How annoying was that?

I rolled my eyes groaning as I walked inside. We were greeted by Tate who complimented my outfit. I couldn't help but give him a flirty smile and thanking him. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Drew rolling his eyes.

"What?" I whispered through gritted teeth as we walked further through the house.

"Nothing," he gave me a playful smirk.

"Drew you can't just roll your eyes and be dramatic and then say oh nothing and bat your eyelashes." I hit him on the shoulder.

"It's just I know he thinks he can get with you, and I know you wouldn't go for him." He tried to contain his laughter.

"He's not bad," I shrugged. "But-"

"But I'm right aren't I?"

"Yes," I grumbled. Did that make me a ad person?

I decided I was going to find Scarlett and darted away from Drew as soon as someone from his film class came up to him. I was incredibly grateful for the distraction. I needed to find Scarlett to tell her the news.

"There you are," I sighed pulling her by the elbow towards the back door.

"Hi you," she gave e a hug.

"Scar you'll never guess who has a crush on you."

"Who?" She looks at me with genuine curiosity.

"Thomas," I poked her. He was actually outside by the fire with a few guys that were on the football team.

"Is that why he and Drew always came to the movies?"

"I guess so," I shrugged.

I never really thought about that but it did make sense. I mean I know that Drew loved movies so that could have been another reason. But maybe that was why Thomas always went with him.

"I always thought they went because Drew liked you," she looked at me snapping me out of my thoughts.

"What?" I gasped.

No way.

Absolutely not.

"Yeah. I don't know I could be wrong. We all know I know absolutely nothing when it comes to guys," she shrugged.

"No, we're just friends." I felt like the more times I said it out loud the more true it became.

"If you say so." She paused to take a sip of her drink. "Also you'll never guess who is here."

"Who?"

"Nick!" She squealed.

"Like Nick Nick? The one we work with Nick? Why?" I mean I wasn't complaining.

"Yeah, I guess he and Tate are cousins or whatever and Tate asked him and his friends to come and keep people in check."

"Maybe I'll go find him," I gave her a playful shimmy and she joined in.

I decided I would go find him after we met up with Madi and talked to her for a bit. We found her with some of the cheer team surprisingly. So we sat and talked with some of the girls for a bit. They tried asking me about Ash but I deflected the questions. They were just trying to be catty which I did not care for.

Just as they were asking about Tory not being here, I spotted Nick across the yard. I excused myself giving Scar a tight squeeze of the hand.

"Hey stranger," I tapped him on the shoulder.