Chapter 14

Jungkook could have sworn he heard a strange noise coming from the other side of the pile of boulders. In fact, it sounded like a human would utter those sounds, but he couldn't be sure. As he was currently alone, a run-in right now wouldn't be brilliant, so he took caution as he went to inspect.

As he made his way around the boulders, his eyes fell upon something, or rather someone, that filled him with shock and disbelief. There was a person laying on the floor, breathing heavily, with only their torso visible as their legs were buried under the rocks. They were seemingly alone, meaning that Jungkook wasn't afraid of them being a threat to himself or the squad, but what Jungkook did want to do was help them if he could. They were clearly in some form of... predicament.

"Are you alright?" Jungkook asked in something akin to amusement, the stranger lifting his brown-haired head up at the question, revealing a handsome face and a fearful expression. His honey coloured eyes were framed with thick lashes, and his rich brown hair worked beautifully with his tanned complexion. Jungkook's serious expression almost faltered, but right now there was a problem that he'd have to deal with rather than stare, obviously.

"What does it look like?" The man groaned sarcastically, clearly exhausted as he tried to haul himself out from under the rocks, but evidently failing. Jungkook crouched down beside him, analysing the situation with a frown.
"Are you injured at all, or just trapped?" Jungkook asked, not wanting to hurt the man further by helping him.
"I can't tell, my legs are numb. God- I'm so stupid." He gritted out, ceasing his struggling and allowing his chest to collide with the floor in defeat. His voice was hoarse due to the dust that had been picked up when the boulders fell, low but sandpapery.

"Okay uhh... hold on, I'll work something out. Mind telling me who you are and what happened in the meantime?" Jungkook asked, looking at the boulders and knowing that they were too heavy, even for him, to shift alone.
"Kim Taehyung, ex firefighter, ironically. I came here from a small urban base with my squad on a mission to find sanberries, but our truck got attacked by a cluster up there." Taehyung explained, pointing up towards a steep ledge. The brown-haired male noticed the other tense up at this statement and shook his head.

"Don't worry, the heptoids were either killed or moved on a long time ago. But as we fought them, the uneven ground started to give way, taking me with it. The others were fine, but they took me for dead and drove off... fuckers." Taehyung whispered the last word under his breath, a sour bitterness in his deep tone.
"And yeah, now I'm here. Home sweet fucking home I guess." Taehyung groaned, signalling to his legs that were still trapped under the rocks.

"I'll call my squad over to come and help. When did this happen?" Jungkook asked, shifting some of the smaller boulders so that they wouldn't fall on Taehyung's head, and Taehyung sighed.
"I reckon it's only been about two hours but it feels like ten." He mumbled, the stranger giving him an astonished look.
"That's quite a long time." Jungkook said, and Taehyung groaned as his muscles yearned to move.

"No shit. I need to get out of here. I don't like asking for it at all but I really need help right now." He said with his cheeks tinting with embarrassment, looking up from his helpless position to the young man that stood in front of him, who seemed deep in thought.
"Well I suppose we could help you. You don't seem like much of a threat." Jungkook said with a sly smirk, the stranger looking up and glaring at him.

"Hey Jungkook, everything alright over there?" Hoseok called over from his position a few yards away. Jungkook popped his head round from behind the boulders, waving his arms to gain Hobi's attention.
"I'm fine, but I'm gonna need some assistance. We've got a bit of a situation." Jungkook shouted back, and Hobi started running over.
"We? Why did you... oh, that's why." Hoseok said as his eyes fell on the trapped stranger.