Chapter 4

Harry walked into the castle library and smiled. Azalea sat in a chair that was so big it looked like it was meant for her father while he was still a beast. Her legs were thrown over one armrest, her back resting against the other. She wore an off the shoulder royal blue top, her black leggings were decorated with golden vines wrapping around her legs, her feet were bare, her mask was the simple black, and her hair was tied back in a loose bun.

Her blue eyes darted across the pages of an unmarked book so he couldn't even tell you what she was reading. But by the spark in her eyes and the speed she was flipping the pages, he could tell she was fully enchanted by the words.

Almost as enchanted as he was with her.

He felt somewhat bad to pull her out. He nudged her foot and she blinked, shocked out her stupor. That shock turned into a smile at the sight of Harry.

Looks like you take after your mom. Harry signed and Azalea's eyes went wide. 

She put the book aside and signed back, You know sign language? 

He laughed lightly at her excitement and nodded. "Jane's been teachin' me so you don't have to text me to talk to me."

She clapped enthusiastically and threw her arms around his neck. He wrapped his arms around her, holding her tightly. She pulled back with a dark blush and he smiled at her. This is great! She signed. Thank you so much.

"Anythin' for you, darlin'." He responded and she prayed he couldn't hear her heart pounding. "Now," He slid into the chair next to her. It may have been big but with two people, Azalea was forced to curl into his side. Not that she was complaining. "What is this book that you were so obsessed with?"

It's a collection of poems from my favorite poet, She signed. She opened the book up to one of the pages and pointed at the name at the bottom. 

"Lang Leav." Harry read.

My mom and dad found out which of her poems were my favorites and got a special collection printed for my fifteenth birthday. She silently explained.

Harry pointed to the book with an eyebrow raised and she nodded, handing him the book. He flipped through the pages, seeing some poems that were only a few sentences long and some that took up the whole page with stanzas. 

She stopped him at a specific poem and pointed to it. Looking Forward. "'There is a stirrin' in my soul; a restless, wild anticipation.'" He read out loud. Azalea felt her heart melt hearing the words in the accent she had become so familiar with. "'I am starin' out into the horizon, as far as I can/I can't see what's beyond it - but I can feel it.'"

He turned to her as he finished and found her smiling from under the mask. She rested her head on his shoulder while he read out some more poems from the book, feeling more content and happy in this one moment than she had been in years.

*******

The girls smiled as Azalea came over, sitting on the blanket they had spread out. "You came just in time." Mal commented. She gestured over to the grass where Uma and Lonnie were locked in a heated sword fight. "They've been going at it for a little bit."

Who's winning? Azalea signed.

Evie snorted a laugh. "Neither. Both of them are too good." Azalea let out a small giggle and watched the pirate and the warrior fight. 

Eventually, they both took a step back, breathing heavily. "Draw?" Lonnie asked. Uma nodded and they shook hands, sheathing their swords.

The rest of the girls clapped as they walked back over and sat with the others. "Nice work, you two." Audrey complimented. The two smiled gratefully, grabbing drinks for themselves. Audrey clapped. "Now we can get to the good stuff." She turned with smile to Azalea. "Lea and Harry."

Azalea immediately blushed and Evie clapped excitedly. "Yes! I've been dying for some updates on Hazalea." 

Azalea raised an eyebrow. "You and Harry's ship name, duh." Jane explained.

Azalea's blush darkened and Uma smirked. "Oh come on, princess. The boy learned sign language for you and follows you like a lost puppy. You can't deny something is going on there."

The princess shook her head. There's nothing there. She signed, Jane translating for Uma who was still learning. He and I are friends.

Audrey shook her head. "No way. 'Friends' don't look at each other like Harry looks at you."

Azalea furrowed her eyebrows. How does he look at me?

"Like you're the brightest star in the sky." Mal answered.

"Like you're the red rose in a field of white ones." Lonnie continued.

"Like everything you do puts him under a spell." Audrey added.

"Like you're..." Jane started but Azalea held up a hand to stop her. I get it! She signed.

Mal smiled. "Then you understand that he is completely head over heels for you. Just like you are for him." 

Azalea's gaze fell to the ground and she adjusted her mask anxiously. Uma rolled her eyes lightly. "Look, princess. I've known Harry nearly all my life. He's my first mate. I have never once seen him look at or talk about someone like he does you. You make him insanely happy and that's all I want for him."

Azalea cracked a small smile at the pirate. Thank you for that but forgive me if I don't believe you. A few of the girls looked at her in disbelief. Even if there was 'something there' as you all seem to believe there is, it wouldn't matter. Harry deserves way more than me and sooner or later, he'll realize that.

Jane's face fell and she gently took Azalea's hand. "Aza..."

Azalea took her hand from Jane's to sign, Can we please talk about anything else?

Uma sighed but nodded. "Sure thing. Just... think about what I said, okay?" Azalea nodded and thankfully, Evie diverted the conversation and their girls' day continued as normal.