Chapter 13

Guys! Oh my god! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for over 3k reads!! I'm so grateful for all of you and I hope you enjoy this chapter! Only one more after it!

*******

Azalea smiled and Harry offered her his arm. She took it and they made their way to her parents and their friends, all in shock.

"Azalea..." Belle whispered. She cupped her daughter's face in her hands. "Is... is it really true?"

Azalea nodded with tears shining in her eyes. "I'm free." She responded quietly. Belle gathered her in a hug, soon joined by Adam and Ben.

"H-how?" Jane gasped.

Harry blushed and rubbed the back of his neck. "I guess ya all were right." Azalea released her family and took his hand once again. "True love really does work every time." He lifted her hand and brushed a kiss against her knuckles.

Mal breathed a laugh. "I never thought I'd see the day." 

Uma raised her hand slightly. "Can I be the first to say finally?" The friends laughed lightly.

Azalea squeezed Harry's hand. "I have to get ready for my actual present." She kissed him quickly. "I'll see you in a bit." Harry smiled as she walked away, blending into the crowd.

Uma snorted and rolled her eyes. "You are so head over heels, it's not even funny." Harry laughed lightly and fist-bumped her.

The crowd applauded when Azalea stepped out onto the stage with the orchestra. "Thank you all for coming tonight to celebrate my incredible parents." She said with a smile. "I'm sure by now all of you have their story memorized and I honestly do too but it's still one of my favorite things to hear. My mom gets this dreamy expression on her face when she talks about their dance in the ballroom and my dad still blushes like a teenager when he thinks about her teaching him how to feed the birds."

The crowd laughed lightly and Adam pulled Belle tightly to his side. "And I always believed that was their story. That I was meant to write my own. But it turns out that history does in fact repeat itself." She swallowed harshly. "I was cursed into silence as many of you saw. It was the same magic the Enchantress had used on my father. My family tried everything to reverse it but I guess I fell into my parents' story."

She locked eyes with Harry and he smiled, making her smile in return. "I fell in love and earned that love in return. I'm finally able to use my voice to tell my story and express my love and gratitude for him, my friends, and tonight, my parents."

Stagehands brought out her harp and she took a seat, positioning the harp against her shoulder. "My mother always loved it when I played the harp so I've arranged a familiar song for the instrument. I'd like for them to revisit one of their fondest memories. Mom, dad," She looked to her parents with a bright smile. "Happy anniversary."

Belle smiled brightly as Azalea began plucking the strings in an all too familiar melody. Adam smiled as well, tears shining in his eyes and held out a hand to his wife. "Shall we?"

Belle took his hand and curtsied just as she did all those years ago. The crowd cleared the floor as the former king and queen began to dance to their daughter's playing.

As the song played, the crowd kept their eyes on Belle and Adam. Smiles formed while the couple danced to the music just as they had in their story.

But Harry's eyes were locked on Azalea. Just like when he saw her rehearsing, her eyes were closed and her face was serene and peaceful as if she were on another world entirely. But unlike last time, now he could see the smile on her lips which made her playing all the more beautiful.

The final notes softly filled the ballroom and Adam bowed to Belle as she curtsied. The crowd applauded vigorously and the two went to Azalea. She bent down to hug them both from her spot on the stage.

She stood up and faced the crowd again. "This next piece was a last minute addition to my performance. I wrote this piece in two separate parts. The music I've had for a while. After seeing my parents and my friends fall in love and find their perfect matches, I wanted to put what I was seeing into music. But the lyrics, the lyrics I wrote only in the last few days. They will be the first ones I've sung since I was eight years old."

She smiled brightly at her friends. "The music is dedicated to those here tonight. Mal and Ben, Evie and Doug, Jay and Lonnie, Carlos and Jane, and every other couple in this room. But the lyrics," She locked eyes with Harry, her smiling brightening. "The lyrics are dedicated to the man who broke my curse and gave me my voice back. I finally understand how my dad felt when he met my mom."

She positioned herself at the harp once again and began a soft song with small inclusions from the orchestra behind her. Harry sucked in a sharp breath when she began to sing with the music.

The couples she had pointed out stepped onto the ballroom floor, swaying and spinning to the song as the rest of the crowd looked on. Harry stood back, watching Azalea perform like she was always meant to. 

The words washed over him in her gorgeous voice. He swears he could listen to her sing or talk all hours of the day and never get tired of it. Seeing her like this, open, relaxed, and unburdened, made him fall in love with her all over again.

"I have loved you for a thousand years," Azalea sang softly, opening her eyes and looking over the couples before looking at Harry once more, "I'll love you for a thousand more." 

The song faded like a beautiful dream and the crowd exploded into applause. She stood up and curtsied in thanks. The couples stopped dancing to cheer loudly for her but she kept her eyes on Harry, her eyes sparkling under the chandelier's light. 

I love you. She mouthed to him.

Harry swears his heart could burst in that moment. I love you too. He mouthed back. He had never spoken such true words in his life.