A Little Breakdown - Part 1

"I CAN'T FUCKING DO THIS ANYMORE RICKY!" You sniffled as you paced back and forth in the living room of your tiny apartment.

"I know and I'm sorry I can't do anything else." Your best friend Ricky sat on your couch listening to you bitch about your ex husband once again.

A few months ago you decided to marry your long term boyfriend. You were convinced that it was true love and it was going to last forever, oh how you were wrong about that one. A month ago you decided to get a divorce and this psycho ex of yours was taking everything he could from you. He was leaving you broker then shit and with nothing left to your name. However you were just glad to get away from the abuse.

If it wasn't for Ricky you would have probably still been in the relationship. You worked on Ricky's bands crew team, this is how you and him became such good friends. He noticed you with a bruise on your arm one day while you were helping set up. Despite all the lies you had tried to convince him with, he broke you. Your ex had been beating you not only physically but emotionally for months and you just couldn't take anymore of it.

Ricky took you to the bands dressing room where no one else was and listened while you cried about how unhappy you were. Ricky never liked your ex, he always said he had a bad vibe around him but you never listen to him. You quickly realized a month into the marriage that Ricky was right. You couldn't take the daily beatings anymore and the only way you were able to get away was when you went on tour, and even then your ex would randomly pop up at shows.

Ever since that day in the dressing room, Ricky had been helping you with the divorce and getting you as far as possible from your crazy ex husband. He couldn't just sit back knowing how his best friend was being beat up by a guy twice her size! So he paid the first few months of your rent at this apartment you were currently living in.

You sighed and sat on the floor putting your head in your hands softly crying into them. Your ex wanted even more money from you and frankly you didn't have anymore to give him. The whole situation had sent you down a depressive spiral and you just couldn't see an outcome that actually ended in a positive light.

Ricky missed his happy go lucky best friend, he missed being able to hear you laugh and make stupid jokes. You had not been the same since you got married and it was starting to really show. The only person who actually knew the whole situation and what was going on was Ricky, you trusted him the most and you were glad he hadn't gone and told everyone your business.

"What am I going to do Ricky?" You were stressed out to the max and didn't have any more ideas on how to get him the money that he was demanding. He just needed to have more money and especially when you weren't even working!

Ricky watched you as you looked up at him with tears running down your face. You hadn't worn makeup or gotten out of bed in days and it was clear to Ricky by the huge knot of a bun on your head. It became clear to him that you had also been crying and not getting much sleep as the bags and redness became more clear the longer he looked at you.

"It's going to be okay alright, I can loan you the money and you can go ahead and pay me back when you get it back next time we tour." He looked over at you seeing the sad expression on your face. You hated asking him for money, yeah you knew he was going to be fine lending it to you, but still you hated relying on others for help.

"Thank you." You wiped your tears and let out a few more sobs standing up at the same time Ricky did. He walked over to you and gave you a warm hug like he always did after listening to another one of your mental breakdowns. You hated hugs after everything your nasty ex did to you but you made exceptions for Ricky, you knew his hugs were caring and full of love, unlike your ex's.