Moving Day - Part 12

Today is the day you're finally going to move out of your old apartment and into Ricky's house. You were over the moon excited for this, this became very clear to Ricky as he walked out of the house and saw you already in the car ready to go. He walked over and got into the car softly grabbing your hand. You smiled and looked up at him as he began to drive over to the apartment that you knew oh too well.

You didn't have many things in the apartment but there were a few things that you wanted to get before saying goodbye forever. It was a Monday so the roads really aren't that busy considering that everyone was in work. You lived fairly close to Ricky, he made sure to find you an apartment that was close to his house so that if your ex did ever come over he could close enough to get to you as fast as possible. Ricky always made it a point to keep you as safe as possible, and it always worked

Ricky pulled into the old apartment complex and parked the car in front of your apartment. You got out of the car and fixed the shorts you were wearing before walking up to the door and unlocking it. Ricky followed behind you and walked in after you did. You looked around the dark apartment seeing exactly what you had left to get. There were a few boxes of clothes you still needed to grab that held the rest of what wasn't at Ricky's already, you wanted to grab all of your makeup and hair stuff, and you wanted to make sure you got pretty much everything other than the furniture out.

"So where do you want me to start?" You looked over at Ricky and gave him a small smile. He was looking extra cute today with his regular beanie and jacket look which made your heart jump a beat every time you looked at him.

"Umm do you want to start packing up my clothes while I start going through my makeup?" Ricky gave you a nod and walked over to your old bedroom to start putting things in boxes and into the car. You on the other hand started sifting through the makeup that you had, after all you did kind of have a lot.

You and Ricky spent a good few hours trying to just get everything packed up into boxes. You ended up having a lot more stuff then either of you expected, so you called Vinny to come and help you out with transporting everything. Ricky sat down on one of the boxes as you sat on the counter in the kitchen. You were ready to just get out of the old space and into something new and fresh. After all, the apartment didn't really hold the best of memories for you.

You looked down at the floor remembering all the times your ex would come over and continue to raise hell on you, the times you would cry yourself to sleep some nights because you didn't know how you were going to make it through the next day, and the times where you would scream your frustrations at Ricky. He honestly deserves a hug after everything you put him through these past few months

You pulled yourself up from the counter and walked over to Ricky slowly. He was on his phone, probably reading an article about something you didn't care about, but once you caught his eye he smiled and looked up at you. You carefully sat on his lap and wrapped your arms around his neck.

"Hey I just wanted to say thank you for everything you've done for me, you really didn't need to do any of it or even listen to me scream at you for hours on end, but you still did and i'm just really thankful your in my life because if you weren't I can't guarantee that I would still be here..." You sniffled a bit trying not to cry. Ricky really meant a lot to you and if he wasn't here you probably wouldn't have been either.

"Aww you don't need to say thank you for that..." Ricky laughed and wrapped his arms around your torso, giving you a tight hug. You smiled and hugged him back letting a few tears fall onto his beanie. Before you could really savor the moment though, you heard the door open and shut. Both you and Ricky assumed it was Vinny, but to your surprise it wasn't.