Prologue

Henlo guys, wassup!

I came from the future! Sksksksksks
And so, I thought that I should be dropping some notes here to clear up some confusion.

Ok, so the prologue is a short background of y/n's family. They won't show up anytime soon, but I just thought that giving a short background about them rather than giving it at the middle of the climate would be kinda bad. So, yeah! It's not included as a chapter, but as a prologue, but also it's connected to the proceeding chapter.

That's all, thanks!
Xoxo,
杰娜
🥀
。 。  。  。

The sun had just risen up. It's rays had just touched the Earth, giving light to the windows of a house brimming with life. People scurry to and fro, racing with time early in the morning.

 A guy named Cameron went out of his room with his guitar on his hand and a backpack on his back. This backpack didn't contain much except for his binder-notebook, ballpen, and of course, wallet.  He was the genius in his class. Quite a looker too, and with his curly hair, navy blue turtleneck, and exquisite skills in playing the guitar, girls flock over him but he's quite a loner and so girls aren't on his top list.

He passed the living room, where Jacob, a kid no more than ten, is helping Jamie, his sister, with cleaning up with the mess they made with the toys. These two kids weren't related to any of the house members except with the only girl in the house, y/n. They were the kids of y/n's half-cousin, whereas the whole family of the one that adopted her, got into an accident. The whole family went to a vacation abroad, leaving her and the two kids back at home, but unfortunately their airplane crashed and no one survived. Y/n was devastated to hear this, and for a year she took care of the two kids alone. After a few years, a lawyer tracked her down and told her that she had family left, her mother's side.  It has been two years since they lived together, and they lived quite peacefully.

It was 7:45 in the morning when Cam passed the two kids. Knowing that the bus for the university arrives at 8 o'clock, he called out to the two kids who happens to go to the same university with him. While finger-combing his hair, he called out to the kids," Jamie, Jacob, that's enough, leave it there and the cleaning lady will take care of that; we've got no time to waste 'cause it's almost time for the bus and we still need to take our breakfast." them three rushed to the dinning room and there y/n was, busy with preparing lunchboxes for the kids.

" Since you woke up late, I prepared some sandwiches for I assume you won't have much time for the full-course meal. Come on, hurry up, eat up, or you will be late." she said while being busy herself.

"Where's Dean?" asked Cam while taking a seat and grabbing a sandwich at the same time. Tuna sandwich; his favorite. " Hangover, again?"

" What else?" y/n said while taking a seat and also grabbing a sandwich." You know your brother; always brokenhearted with the girl he never had, and parties all night long. Kids, take a seat and eat your breakfast too."

" I am not a kid. I am a big boy now." Jacob frowned. " I can take care of my sister." Upon hearing this, Jamie looked up, and smiled her toothy grin. " big brother saved me again. Pig-tailed Penny grabbed my hair and-and told me I was a monster because-because my eyes is-is green and b-blue and-d be-because I-I st-sst-stutter a lot and I cried-d and big brother saved-d me-e!"

" I grabbed her hair too and told her that with all the money she has, she can't even buy manners. And then, she ran away," Jacob explained nonchalantly, but it can be seen in her eyes that he's quite proud of what he did.

" Jacob, you shouldn't hurt a girl." Cam said sternly. "You said that she can't buy manners but where were yours too? A gentleman doesn't hurt a lady."

" Oh sush, that pig Penny was first, obviously someone has to protect the bully.

Y/n winked at Jacob. "Keep up the good work, yeah? Protect your sister."

At the distance the honk of the bus can be heard. The three scurried to compile everything they need while y/n was shouting about the lunchboxes.

" You don't need to worry about Jamie, I can take care of her." Jacob said while at the doorway. The yellow bus can be seen in the distance, waiting.

" Yeah? Remember what I said? Never be the bully-" " -protect the weak with a clear conscience. Don't worry, y/n, after you passed the exam, you deserve to rest. Imma big boy now, I can take care of her." Jacob interrupted. I was about to protest but again, with his eyes, those deep, observant eyes, something told me that he does mean it again. " How can I not trust you, kid, you've done a lot to protect your sister." y/n chuckled. Y/n put her hand on Jacob's cheek. " I'm so proud of you. Remember that." Jacob smiled and left.

She watched them go.