Chapter 4

When they've reached the gates of Lotus Pier, y/n was again hit by the sensation that she had been in this place before. She vaguely remembered opening these gates, looking around the ruins. She remembered the feeling of dread and being anxious in doing so, but the familiarity was quite alien to her; it was as if rewatching a movie that you have long forgotten.

She was brought back to the reality when the kid, still hanging by her leg, let go and rushed inside the moment the gates were open. The courtyard was empty, except for the lotuses lining up the place. Flowers can be seen fringing the place, and the kid plucked one and raced inside.

They were led inside, passed the lotus throne in which was empty. They went passed couple more rooms which is more beautiful than the last one. The whole infrastructure seems like floating on water and when there's water, there's lotus. The rooms were also designed after the lotus; curvy, and has a little twist of a flower.

One room was half opened, and y/n saw the little boy giving the lotus flower which he picked a little while ago. He gave it to someone who seemed to be lying down on a matress, but y/n couldn't see further since she realized that the group she had been following were gone.

Pringles! She thought. They're sure are fast!

Totally lost, she tried going forward but then she found herself on several paths when she took a turn. she took the left one, then right, straight up ahead, then again left, then she gave up since she found herself on a cottage. It seems that she went to the edge of the place since the cottage was the last room before the calm river stretched ahead.

Since she was utterly lost and so tired, she went to the edge of the cottage and hugged her knees, savoring the view. The water was quite clean, and at the other side of the river was a lush green of foliage. No one seemed to be living in that area, since there was no place for the boats to dock nor any building in sight. But there's something about the greenery that made y/n so at ease. She sighed.

I never had a peaceful mind since-

Her thought was abruptly cut when she was about to remember her things in the past. Confused, she looked around. Why, when she tried to remember something, she can't, since it was as if someone was in charge of her memories and why, out of the blue, she would remember random things? Y/n froze.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," said a voice. Y/n looked around, but she saw nothing. She stood up, alarmed.

"Oh, allow me to introduce myself." a speck of light that she didn't notice before took shape of a woman. She had a demure aura, and she'd been looking down. Her fingers were fidgeting her clothes and kept looking around as if she was being watched. "I'm Meimei. N-nic-ce t-to meet y-you. She said while being at a distance. "If I-I were y-you, I wouldn't t-try t-to recall anything."She fidgeted.

Y/n, at times, wasn't known for her patience. She was quite annoyed already with the fact that she got lost, then she found out that her memories where actually locked up by who knows who. She didn't like someone invading her privacy, especially when that someone didn't ask for permission.

"What are you doing here? Are you the one who's controlling my memories? And stop stuttering, would you? You're getting on my nerves."Y/n crossed her arm.

Meimei gulped. "I'm here t-to just l-look over you." she said, looking like she wanted to get out of here. "Look, even if you don't remember, or don't want to remember, we used to be close, and whether you like it or n-not, I-I'm here t-to look out f-for you."She said with a bit of confidence, and she looked up for the first time. "No one was in-charge of your memories, well, not mostly, actually, but Y/n. You begged for your memories to be locked away, because you don't want to remember what you've done. Not just yet, anyways. But then I noticed that since you've woke up, you tried to remember, even just subconsciously. I'm just worried that maybe, you're not ready yet and maybe remembering again will cost you your well being again." She almost begged.

"You said that I'm not entirely in-charge with my memories, right? So who's the person behind all of this besides me?" y/n asked.

"Well, the Being that you're resonating with." She looked over her shoulders.

"Somebody's coming. Look, What I'm trying to say is that try to enjoy a little bit. You deserve it. Until then, please don't try to scratch the thin wall inside your head. Remember, you begged to forget, with a certain price." she slowly faded away with her last words, until she disappeared into nothing.

Still having no idea what had just happened, she slumped over one of the pillars of the cottage. Her questions were added with more questions. Ever since she woke up, she never felt this helpless, like she doesn't even know herself. Slowly drowning herself with cynical thoughts, she didn't see the river in front of her but instead, she was surrounded by the dark. At her right, she saw smoke forming into the shape of a door.

She just wished that Meimei didn't show up to fill her with more questions.

. . . .

They almost had reached to their destiny when they realized that y/n was gone. They spent half an hour to find her, only to find out that she was in a cottage in the far east, sleeping. A guard woke her up, but after a few tries, he realized that she wasn't breathing.

。   。   。

Henlo guys, wassup! I know that this is short, but assignments and deadlines are urgent nowadays, so yeah, I'm sorry that it's a half shorter that what I'm used to doing.

Nah, actually I don't have any more ideas on how to get this chapter across, but yeah, I made sure to put the important stuff. Kinda a filler, I know, but it's a filler for the next chapter ehe