Chapter 2

Henlo, guys! I made some edits at the Chapter 2!

Ok, so to be more realistic about Jiang Cheng's and Jin Ling's personality, I made some big changes about them in this chapter. Good thing though, I have a sister whom I could trust with my works in this household, so I had her check it out and made some feedbacks on where I could improve. Hopefully, you can enjoy it!

xoxo,
杰娜
🥀

. . . . .

Chapter 2

Darkness.

Y/n was so confused; she just closed the door when the kids went out, so why did the lights go out? But that's impossible. It was eight o'clock in the morning so there was no way that it'll be so dark when basically, the world had just woke up. Out of impulse, she tried to feel the switch for the lights, but then there was no wall nor the door in front of her. Instead, she was met by nothingness. Not knowing what happened, she shivered, feeling the chill running down her spine.

She hated the unknown. She truly hated it. Her life was about taking risks while being cautious. And so, she was so uncomfortable with the fact that she didn't know what was happening.

A gush of cold wind was felt coming from the left side. Knowing that if there was air, there was an opening, therefore she followed it. At least, knowing that there's an opening or a crack in this nothingness gave her a sense of relief. Where the air leading to was still unknown, yet she decided that she would deal with that problem later.

14 steps. She already took 14 steps since she felt the wind. The sound of her footsteps were so timid that it can't be heard. Were her eyes open? She didn't know; it felt like there were no difference if she opened or closed her eyes. Again, she was washed with her fear of the unknown. She felt the cold in her spine again, and the goosebumps became prominent in her skin. Her lips trembled with being so on edge.

After a few while of walking, she saw a speck of light. Bearing it no more, she ran towards it, as if she was chased by the darkness behind her. The speck of light grew as she grew closer to it, until when she's close enough, she saw that the speck of light was in fact had a shape of a door yet it has a likeness of the night sky, with a bright moon at the center. Wasting no time, she opened the door, overwhelmed with fear. She needed to run. She needed to go out, and hopefully, whatever's on the other side could give her answers.

She found herself on a courtroom. Several thrones adorned the sides with different personalities. One throne had the likeness of the forest, made out of vines and specked with tiny flowers, some still a bud while some where in full bloom. Another throne was made out of pure stone, and another one was embedded with jewels. There were so many thrones, yet she wasn't given enough time to savor them all as her attention was caught with the figure on the center of all thrones. It appeared to be a girl with the full moon at her back. With a scale on her right hand and a sword on the other hand, she appeared to be rising and she had a blindfold. Tilting her head, she studied the figure, feeling familiar with it.

"Of course you felt familiar with me. I have, after all, a part of me  inside you." A voice echoed through the room.

What.

Y/n looked around the room, trying to pinpoint the voice. A flap of wings and a gush of the wind was felt and she looked back. The statue grew shimmering white wings which took most of the room and it grew to life. She went down the moon and slowly walked towards y/n, folding her wings. Smiling, she hid her sword and scales at her back and held her dress. She was wearing a dress with the color of the night sky adorned with the twinkling stars. Y/n was looking at the constellation of the cancer when the figure spoke.