Oromë x DragonRider!Reader

"Life sucks, Naur

"Life sucks, Naur." you murmured under your breath as you rest your back on the warm scales of your fellow dragon.

It's been a long day of hunting the Dark Lord minions, burning them to ashes. You had saved a small group of young elves from being taken by the horrible monsters but... in their young eyes, they saw you as one of the monsters.

You were kidnapped as a small child, taken to be a slave for the black army. A mere toy for them to play. One day, when you were trying to steal a piece of old bread, you found a small baby dragon on a cage. He was cover in black scales that when the light hit it, it becomes dark blue. His eyes were ice blue but full of warmth. He had let a small whimper to you and rubbed his head against the cold bars of the cage. Your heart broke at the sight of the poor dragon. They were starving him to death, you could see the lack of fatness on his little body. 

Since that day, you two have been together. You could free him from the evil cage and escape from the awful place that you called home for a long time. 

Naur huffs and curls his, now, massive body around you. You stroke gently his snout, your gaze focus on the warm fire in front of you. 

"Why people hated us so much?" you could feel tears trying to escape from your e/c eyes. "We dedicate our days saving lives and still everyone sees us as monsters!" you whimper, burying your face into the warm scales of Naur. 

Naur begins purring which helps you calm down. He pushes gently your head with his snout and gave a small lick on your forehead, make you giggle. You grab the thick blanket from your bag and cover yourself with it, cuddling on Naur's side. He covers you with his massive wing, making a small den for you. 

"Good Night, Naur." you murmured as your eyelids start becoming heavy with sleep.

~~~~

A loud booming sound woke you up. You shot up and look around, trying to see the threat but you saw nothing. The sound continues in the distance along with a monstrous roar. 

"What's that?" you whisper while putting the blanket on your bag and put out the fire. 

Naur was wide awake with his head high in the air, listening carefully to the sound. He notices you walking closer to him and lowers his shoulder to let you climb to his back which you did.

Sitting comfortably on his back, you grab tightly his spikes and lower forward. "Let's go see what is it, Naur!" you said.

Naur jumps into the dark sky and flaps his massive wings, shaking all the trees around you two. Flying you two towards the source of the sound.

~~~~

Oromë's arrow pierces the thick skin of the monster as he tried to hit a blow on him. The terrified screams of the large groups of elves echoed through the forest, alerting all the beasts near the group.