Chapter 1.

"Rise and shine sleeping beauty." She greets me with a beautiful white smile. I sit up and return the smile.

"I'm up."I roll out of bed and she leaves my room. Today is moving day! I'm nervous because of what is about to come. I haven't seen my dad in almost two years and yet I'll be living with him for the rest of my high school years thank god I'm in my junior year.

I exit my bedroom and go to the bathroom to take a shower I take my time in the shower, this is the last morning that I won't be seeing these glass doors and cream tiles for a very long time, somehow the idea doesn't appealing but the decision has to be done. It's July and I'm transferring to Stratford high I'll be moving to Houston in a few hours. I put on my jean and sweatshirt and admire myself in the mirror.

"Man! Do I look adorable." I say it proudly out loud to myself.

"Brie, if we don't leave now we'll arrive back home late."

"I'm coming mom." I brush my hair and look at myself in the mirror one last time then pout. I chuckle. I am going to miss my bedroom but it's time for a change.

"Did you pack away everything you'll need?" My mom says from behind me.

"Yes mom I packed away everything I will need." I reciprocate what she said.

"I can't believe you're going away." She pokes my right cheek. I cringe my nose at her very uncharacteristically kind gesture.

"No you are the one going away." I sigh.

"I know." She does the same too. "I'm going to miss you."

"Me too." I smile at her.

"Now can we go down?"

"Yes we can. After you madam."

"Oh stop it." We both laugh. We get to the kitchen and it smells good.

"Mmh."

"You didn't expect that you'd leave without eating your last mom-made breakfast. Did you?" She frowns her mouth in attempt to make a joke.

"It is not the last."

"Feels like it." She rolls her eyes.

"Good morning Bri-bri." My stepfather says.