Chapter 3.

I can feel the tension between my parents. I swear the walls are closing in.

"No!" My mother rejects his offer quickly and discovers what she said so she collects herself "We would like to stay and have a drink but if we don't leave now we'll get there after sunset." At least she is telling the truth. San Antonio to Houston is quite the drive. They stand up.

"Can we stay a bit longer." Chloe says and we all laugh.

"No sweetie we can't."

"Okay."

"Come here baby" she holds her arms out to me and I walk over to enjoy my mother's embrace. We sway back and forth.

"I'm going to miss you Brilana." She kisses my forehead. I pull out.

"I'm going to miss you too mom." We all step outside.

"Chloe?" I kneel down on the glass. I smile and spread my arms wide open for her. She comes in running causing me to fall on my back. I see my mom tear at our expense she wipes it before it rolled down her cheek.

"What about me Bri-bri." He smirks.

"Mathew can you open the boot so Brie can get her stuff!!?" He oblige and takes out the keys from his pocket and press the button that opens the boot.

"I'm going to miss you dad!.. honestly you should stop calling me Bri-bri it sounds horrible." It really does. He pretends as if an arrow of harsh words just went through him.

"Are you gonna tear up on me?"

"Yes... no... maybe!" We burst into laughter. I retrieve my things from the boot my dad John helps me unload them. My stepdad and Chloe get into the car.

My mom pulls me in for another hug again. "You behave yourself Brie."

"I will." She opens the door and gets in. I stick my tongue out at Chloe, she does the same it has always been our thing the slight difference was that Chloe would playfully roll her eyes like they are popping out.

"It feels foreign leaving without her." I hear my mom tell my dad.

"Yea." My dad starts the engine.

"Bye! We love you." She blows a kiss and they all wave. John does the same to them. They pull out on the street with ginormous houses.

We walk to the house. "I'm so glad that you finally here honey."

"Mmh me too." I say meaning every word.

"C'mon let me show you to your room" I follow my dad up stairs as he leads me to the second door on the right in the hallway.

"Why didn't you tell me that you were renovating."

"I wanted it to be a surprise when you told me that you moving in I wanted to make you something special and that's one of the main reasons I had your room decorated too." He twists the silver knot and opens the white door.

I love this house. My room's main colors are yellow, white and blue. My dad knows that blue is my favorite color.

"It's beautiful." I'm at my loss of words which is something that doesn't often happen to me. "Thank you."

"Alright. I will leave you to it." I nod.

"Oh and Brie!" I turn. "Welcome home sweetie." I give him a tight hug then he leaves. The first thing I do is touch the comforter covering the bed well.. seeing that this is my room from now on I might as well call it my comforter. I touch every furniture in my room and the curtains feel thick under my fingers. I lay with my back on my bed. I giggle and look at the ceiling its plain white. After a few hours I finally feel settled in I go downstairs to my dad I find him cooking.

"You cooking? What are you making?" My dad, John Kidman he went to a Culinary school but that didn't work out for him turns out he is really not that passionate about food than he thought he was. Luckily he found his passion and is now currently working as a software developer.

"Chicken florentine."

"Mmmh... smells delicious." I don't know what that is.

"You don't know what it is do you?"

"Nop." We laugh.

"Brie please set the plates on the table I'm just warming up the food." I oblige.

My dad sits my plate in front of me the food smells extremely good but it's not eye catching its brown and thick I scrunch my nose now I see why my dad left cooking to the perfectionist.

"It doesn't look good but it sure tastes better." The spinach is at its low life, the golden brown chicken and mushrooms looks kind of burnt one thing that makes my doubt go away is the layer of cream cheese on top and the crumbled bacon. I taste my food my mouth begins to water, my heart is about to explode, my lungs are about to transform golden chicken breasts it tastes divine.

"Mmh..."

"Good huh?" He raises his brow.

"Yes it's really good." I take another bite. I end up eating my dad's plate too. We call it a night after watching five series of Empire.