Chapter 2.

"Dad I told you not to call me that anymore. I'm turning seventeen in two months." Mr Miller, I no longer see him as a stepfather to me. I've grown very fond of him over the years. He raised me as his own.

"Sorry sweetie."he hugs me.

"Where's Chloe?" I ask.

"Brushing her teeth." I help my mom set up the table.

"Chloe!!!"my mom yells out her name. Chloe Joy Miller she is my half sister. What a precious gift I have in my life from her curled brown hair to the wonderous life she has graced my family with, everything about her is highly captivating she brings out joy in everything she sets her eyes on Chloe is super brilliant it runs in the family my mother is a nurse, my father is a lawyer and I'm just an ordinary teenager living a simple life with high grades.

"Are we leaving now or what?" Our little diva says.

"No! First eat breakfast Chloe." We eat up our breakfast in harmony and somehow land up reminiscing in my mortifying childhood memories like this one when I cried during a school performance because of the instructor blinked rapidly and how I used to cry each time I saw something like lettuce what an exciting way to start your very last morning at your mother's house. After we all clear up our plates I help my mom load the dishes in the dishwasher as my dad carries the reminder of my things to the car.

"Mathew let's go..." My mom laughs at my dad and covers her mouth to prevent making a boisterous laugh.

"Eww!!"

"What?"

"Don't talk with your mouth full dad" I join my mother in her laughter. My dad is stacking a bunch of carrots in his mouth.

"Is it?" He opens his mouth to display to us his mouth of carrots.

"Can we go now?" I ask still laughing.

"Yea. Let's hit the road." He stretches his right arm forward and mends a fist out like superman positions himself then flys to the car. "Honey you'll lock up."

"I love that man." She places her hand under her chin and smile a contagious smile making her dimples pop right out. "Where is your sister?"

"In the car."

"Let's go." My mom locks the front door and I patiently wait for her.

"Jump in" my dad says.

"No I'm waiting for mom." I laugh but end up in the car anyway. We pull out of our yard and drive to a new chapter of my life. My eyes feel heavy from staring at the cities after a few minutes I'm end up flaking off.

"Honey wake up we have arrived." I wipe my eyes and Observe my surroundings. Feels like I've been sleeping for two minutes instead of two hours. The city which I moved in looks even more beautiful than ever before.

"Wake Chloe up!"

"Can't we leave her she looks so peaceful."

"No! She also wants to say a proper goodbye to her sister" I do as I'm told. My father opens the front door and rushing to me and I reach for the door handle and do the same.

"Brie!!" "Dad!!?" We say simultaneously. I'm so happy to see him.

"Its been years." He gives me delightful welcoming hug. He pulls out, takes my hand and twirls me around just to see me. "Look at you." His eyes begin to water but he blinks the tears away.

"Hello John." My mom smiles an uncomfortable smile.

"Oh sorry. Hello" he flushes and shake both my parents hands. "Come in." My stepfather and mom look at each other first as my dad leads us to his massive house. We all wind up following him.

We step inside my dad has renovated the house and it is pulchritudinous. His living room is one to die for. The walls are painted in light grey as soon as we take a few steps I see that the house has an open floor plan and it is connected to the kitchen as well as the dining room, the white and blue vessels just brings everyone together accompanied by the navy blue and white leather couches makes the whole house blend in, the wood floors says a lot and the grey-white curtains hanging from the square shaped window that is too much beauty to take in all at once. The house on its own speaks to you exquisitely.

"Whoaaa!!!" Chloe spins around.

"That's a beautiful house you got here." Mathew compliments my dad.

"Nice house John." My mom says and smile when we all have seated.

"Thanks I recently renovated." He returns her smile.

"Would you like a drink?" He looks specifically at my mom but querying everyone.