Chapter 5.

It's a gracious Monday morning, Today is my first day at Stratford high and I honestly couldn't be more prepared. I woke up every early to ensure that I float at the waters inside my tub and not be rushed. I have ironed my black Jean's and skirts but I haven't decided which to wear between the two with my black and white strip t-shirt. I should get going now so I decide to go with my black jeans. It wouldn't be a great first impression arriving late as a new student.

I get dressed, tie my hair into a small ban in the middle just above my head I don't like my hair hanging. I swing my bag over my shoulder. With one glare in the mirror, I head downstairs.

I find my dad closing the fridge and holding a bright green apple in his hands. He tosses it to me and opens the fridge again to retrieve his.

"You didn't strike me as a morning person" he chuckles.

"I'm full of surprises." I didn't think that he'd be a punctual person too. Being a software developer must be straining.

"Yes you are. So you ready?"

"Ready!"

"Let's hit it" he swings his right arm across his chest to his left balling a fist.

"Yay" he takes my hand in his and twirls me around.

"Wait. Where's Rosy?"

"She went to work. She had to leave early because she was opening today."

"Oh" is the only thing that comes out my mouth.

"Shall we?"

"Yes we shall."

My dad opens the door for me. I smile thanking him.

"Are you ready for your first day?" He asks when he pulls out on the streets.

"To be honest I don't think I am."

"I understand. Plus first days are the worst." I laugh at the way he emphasized the last word.

"Agreed."