005 | Sweet Boy(s)

j i s o o

“Who was that boy who took you home last night?” Chaeyoung smirked at me as soon as I stepped in the living room.

I dumbfoundedly look at her, wondering what the heck she’s talking about. She’s there sitting on the floor in front of a coffee table, holding a guitar, a kind of notebook in front and waiting for an answer. A smirk is still there. I can’t help but rolled my eyes.

“A new friend.” I simply added and walked to the kitchen.

“Huh? What’s that?” She asked pretending to be deaf. “A sweetheart you say?”

I turned and glared at her. She just laughed at me. “Haha, funny.”

“What? He’s cute.” She narrowed her eyes and grinned.

I nodded mockingly. “Yeah, yeah, whatevs.” I ignored her and continued going to the kitchen to fetch some snacks and drinks. It’s my day off and I’m going to indulge myself with snacks.

As soon as I stepped out of the kitchen, Chaeyoung talked. “By the way, a package was sent a little earlier.” She pointed at the fairly sized box on the couch behind her. “It’s for you, they said”

My eyes widened and smiled. The package is here! I let go of the snacks first and picked up the box. “Thanks, Chae!” I rushed to my room. “Don’t eat the snacks! It’s mine!”

“Fine!”  I heard her shout and strumming her guitar at the same time.

I’m so excited! I can’t wait to open it!

| > ~ > • <  ~< |

n o   o n e

Taeyong tightened the hold of the files in his hand and knocked on the door. Jaehyun deserves to know. He needs to know.

The door opened revealing a charming boy. “Yo, Taeyong!” Jaehyun greeted with a smile with his face. Taeyong on the other hand stayed silent and just looked at him. Jaehyun senses something wrong that makes his smile falters a bit. “You okay?”

“Inside.” Taeyong said and went inside. Jaehyun eyed him and shrugged. He closed the door and followed Taeyong.

Taeyong sighed and looked at Jaehyun. “She’s here.”

Jaehyun narrowed his eyes. Who is this “she” he’s talking about? Is it his mother or…?

“Rose. Rose is here. In this city.”

Oh.

Jaehyun smiled a little. “Rosé not Rose.” He corrected and Taeyong just huff.

“Tomato, tomato. It’s the same.” They fell silent once again. Taeyong looking from Jaehyun and the files in his hand. Jeahyun’s eyes looking at the ground.

“No questions?” Taeyong is slightly and slowly getting irritated now.

Jaehyun sadly smiled. “That does not matter now. She’s in the past.”

Taeyong scoffed at him. “That’s it?”

Another silence but with sadness embracing Jaehyun. “I’m a bad person to her. She deserves happiness. She deserves him not me.”