Chapter 18

Look who's on a roll! Enjoy!

-----

Levi's PoV

"What are you talking about?" I gaped at the healer. "I'm cursed?"

Right after I almost fainted, Eren burst into the sunroom and took me away with Jean and the healer in tow. He ordered Hange to take care of Kenny and ushered him to his room while we sort things out.

We're back in our room with Eren, Jean, and Marco. Eren instructed to close the gates of the palace because Marco could sense that the suspect was still in the castle.

"Yes. I found dark magic running in your system." Marco approached me and pointed at my forehead. "And I can feel their energy here."

My hand quickly slapped at my forehead. "The witch altered my memory?"

"Not only yours," Eren growled. "The witched played as all."

"I knew it was a witch," Jean mumbled in the corner.

"Levi, I knew in memory that we exchanged letters together but then... I can't seem to recall how it started." Eren turned to me with a frown.

"About that, I found out that I was the one who send you those letters but it was my friend, Petra was her name, who wrote them for me," I explained. "That's what I discovered after talking with Kenny."

"So that means..."

"Yes," Marco confirmed. "My lords, your marriage was not an arranged marriage."

"What?!"

"When I found out that the Queen was cursed, I tried to make an antidote to retrieve my memories," Marco explained.

"Marco! You drank another experimented potion again?!" Jean exclaimed at the healer.

"I will if it will benefit and save My lords," Marco said confidently before clearing his throat. "I regained some of my memories and recalled that the marriage was not arranged. It was a normal wedding."

"Marco, that's not enough to solve the puzzle. I ordered you to dig deeper into this matter and solve this trick fast. Jean, I want you to hire more healers and track the witch. If they are still in the castle make sure they couldn't leave," Eren started booming orders and I just sat on our bed, with my mind running wild. I bit my lower lip nervously. This is so confusing.

"Understood, Your Majesty!" Jean huffed. "It is done."

"What?!" Eren and I gaped in unison. What does that mean? Did they catch the witch?

"Mikasa, bring her in," Jean called and the door opened. Mikasa came in dragging a very familiar servant and forced her to kneel in front of us. My eyes grew wide when I properly see her face...

"Hange!" I gasped in horror.

"You were wise enough to not run away," Marco glared at her.

"Marco, you know I won't do that right?" Hange forced smile at Marco.

"Hange... you're the witch?" I asked, feeling my heart grow heavy.

Hange... she's been playing me all along but... all those times when Hange helped me to fit in the castle on our first day, how she never left my side, how she was nice to me.

But she was my best friend.

"Yes... I can explain!" She cried at me.

"Silence!" Eren boomed. With a flick of his finger, a sword was summoned in his hand and he aimed the blade at Hange's neck.