Bring War to the Final Order

Aria slid her fingers carefully across the new wrap along her palm. The soothing gel infused in the wrap cooled the burn, and Samuel promised it would speed up healing. She could feel his truth as her skin tingled under the wrap. She wasn't sure what he had done to it, but it hurt less than it had since she got it. 

"So... what's our plan?" Finn looked between Aria and Poe. "You're acting Generals, it's your call."

"What?" Aria's thin brows knitted together as she looked up from her wrap to stare at Finn. "Since when?" She gave a slight shake of her head as she looked over to Poe. She expected to find him just as confused as she felt, but his face was neutral, maybe even slightly concerned. 

"It was Leia's idea." Poe delivered the blow as gentle as he could. 

Aria's eyebrows skyrocketed until they were lost behind her bangs. "Ho-why-why?" Aria stumbled through her thoughts. She blinked as she looked down to the ground. She tried to think of the last conversation she had with Leia, but her General didn't tell her anything about the chain of command. There was no chain of command. It was just Leia. 

"Aria... Leia put you in charge because she believes you will make the right call." 

Aria lifted her head to give Poe an unsure shake of her head. "I don't know what to do," She admitted. "I- I never wanted to lead this Rebellion." She told him, and Finn, and anyone else that would listen. "I fight, I don't lead."

"So we fight." Poe decided as he took a step towards her. He gently reached out and grabbed onto her upper arms. "You are the best damn fighter I have ever met. If we have you in our corner... we can't lose." His thumbs moved soothing over her biceps. 

Aria gulped before she gave Poe a firm nod. "Alright. We fight." Her voice was still unsure, but with Poe's hands on her she felt slightly more confident. "We just have to figure out how to fight... that-" She nodded towards the information D-O had given them. All the numbers and specs of the fleet were disconcerting at best. 

"I might have an idea." Finn proposed. 

Poe dropped his hands from Aria's arm to turn by her and look at Finn. 

Aria raised an impressed brow as she lifted a hand for him to go on. 

"Those ships- that entire fleet-" Finn moved back to the table and pointed at the fleet, then to the mess of an atmosphere above them. "They need help leaving Exegol, right?" His eyes skirted over to Rose who was the best technician. She gave a confirming nod. "Some of our bigger fleets needed help leaving Starkiller Base." Finn looked back to the table read. "We usually had some sort of signal that we transmitted from the ground."

Aria could feel the plan forming in his words. He was so close to the cusp of it. "So we locate it." Aria stepped towards Finn. He raised his gaze to match hers. "And we blow that sucker to smithereens." Her top lip pulled up into a snarl. 

Finn nodded as he lifted a finger to wag her direction. "Yes." He looked down to D-O. "Do you know how they transmit their signal? It could a tower or-"

"Or a giant antenna." Aria added as she looked down at the small droid. "Anything like that sound familiar?"

"A tow-tower." D-O looked up at Aria. 

Aria nodded and looked from the rolley droid towards the table read. "Pull it up." She and Poe walked closer to the specs table to see the tower D-O meant. "That- that right there-" She pointed towards it as she turned back to D'Acy, Rose and Kaydel. "We take that out, the entire fleet is flying blind."

"Then we take them out." Poe added as he realized where they were going. "Those ships can't activate their shield until they've cleared the atmosphere. We trap them- we have a shot." Poe gave a dubious laugh at he looked at Aria.