Just Another Day

At the crack of dawn, the morning sun rose over New York and illuminated the city in a golden glow. For the citizens of the city, it felt like the start of just another day, though the same couldn't be said for Peter and Felicia. In their penthouse, Felicia lay on the couch wearing her pyjamas and housecoat while eating her breakfast and watching the morning news on the flat screen TV on the wall. She still was nursing that now visible contusion on her face that made her look like a battered partner in a troubled relationship. Despite how different she and Peter were, their relationship couldn't be further from the truth.

In the kitchen, Peter, while dressed in his Spider-Man outfit minus his mask, was making his own breakfast, though he was still thinking over that surprise ambush attack he and Felicia eventually were defeated and fled for their lives. The brunette knew that the city now had another super villain on the loose and that he and his girlfriend were going to have their work cut out to stop whoever this person was, though for some reason he felt that there was something eerily familiar about this guy Peter felt, that glider especially rang some alarms in his mind.

It was in that moment while he was reflecting on this when he suddenly heard Felicia cry out from the living room. "Peter! Come here, look at this!"

He quickly ran in through and first saw Felicia now sat up on the couch with her staring at the TV with her eyes wide in shock. Peter looked over to the TV and could see the local news channel was reporting on something, what it was talking about made him gasp. On TV, there was life footage of a crowd of journalists and photographers taking photos of a person, along with a small entourage, getting out of a car and entering through a set of doors which Peter assumed was some mansion, was none other than Harry Osborn.

"Is that really him?" Felicia asked incredulously. "Is Harry Osborn back after all these years?"

Peter said nothing as he could only stare at the TV as he listened closely to the News report. "It appears that the head of Oscorp, Harry Osborn," The News anchor man reported, "has returned after a nearly a year. Reports state that Harry has been out of the public eye after all this time due to finical problems that the company has been suffering since the late Otto Octavius' disastrous fusion reactor experiment which Oscorp did most of the financing for it and plunge the company, and Mr. Osborn, into the red. It is believed by many sources though that Osborn has managed to pay off the crippling debts the company had before and is ready to take the company forward once more."

As the couple continued to watch the report in growing disbelief at Harry Osborn's sudden return, the Anchor man carried on speaking. "In other news, there has been a sudden increase of criminal activity in the city since the start of this week with reports of the criminals using large and dangerous weapons and now members of the public have now started to doubt if even Spider-Man and his partner Black Cat can really be counted on to protect the city."

"The hell?" Felicia muttered as she stood up while still listening to the news article with the report cutting to various interviews on screen with members of the public expressing their disdain for Spider-Man. "After all we do for them this is how they thank us?"

"Just like Jameson and the Bugle," Peter noted as he felt rather uncomfortable in his stomach thanks to this report.

The short haired platinum blonde rubbed her chin in thought. "Yeah that's true, would've thought they'd at least be more appreciated over us trying at least. You can see now why back a few years ago why I only played hero whenever I wanted."

Peter thought of it as he and Felicia paid close attention to the news report, there was admittedly some truth in this. There had been a notable increase in crime lately, Peter wasn't sure why this was the case, but with the hefty amount of criminals that had appeared in the city suddenly, it had felt like the whole city had suddenly turned to crime. He could speculate over what was going on, but in the moment, it was time for work, well, his superhero work that is since he was now living the hero life now.