No Victory

Somewhere on the other side of the city and completely oblivious to what had happened with Peter and Harry, a certain platinum blonde woman was prowling on a rooftop and spying on a rather shady deal going on in a backstreet. Although she and Spider-Man always went out together to fight crime, some even saying they were inseparable, there were times when either would go out on a solo mission, and tonight was one of these nights for Black Cat.

The attractive woman was keeping a close eye on proceedings and had promised Peter never to attempt to blow her cover again, just like that attack like she had done that certain night at the warehouse when she and Spider-Man had found out those thugs with the powerful Mech suits. She had followed in her boyfriend's method of using the old element of surprise, but any thoughts of what she was planning to do next was pushed to one side as she looked on down at some crates that the thugs were carrying towards the back of the grey van.

She was tempted to sneak down and open a crate and find out what was inside them, but she had to hold the urge back and simply keep observing the scene from above, oddly, they were all wearing what seemed to be matching black outfits that Felicia was sure she had seen from somewhere...

Just then, one of the criminals stopped what he was doing and looked up towards Felicia's direction, in which she quickly hid out of sight to try and avoid detection, however the random goon was already suspicious.

"Hey guys," The goon called out of the others. "I think someone's spying on us."

He pointed upwards for the others to look up from where he saw Black Cat from before, the aforementioned woman however had managed to sneak away and climb down a drainpipe to reach the ground level.

"Shut up," said one of the criminals who had just opened one of the crates. "Get back to work, we gotta get out of here before the cops show up."

"Hey boss," said one of the guys who was heaving over one of the crates with a fellow criminal. "What's in this? You sure this is weapons we have here? 'Cause they weigh a ton!"

"...Alright fine," The boss thug groaned. "Suppose we'll have to make sure these aren't a set up for us...hate to find out after all this we were just a pawn in this." He grabbed a crowbar from the van and walked over to the two who had just rested the crate on the ground.

Unknown to any of the motley gang of thugs as they began to open the crate, Black Cat was going all out stealth to was about to attempt to take them all out. She snuck up on one goon who, while watching the others open the crate, was a bit far from rest of the group near the van and then with one swift and silent attack, she knocked him out and quickly dragged him away leaving the rest completely obliviously to what had happened to their comrade. One by one, she repeated the same process on three other thugs and by that point the other remaining six had began to notice the missing muggers.

"Sam? Dave? Jack?" Called out one of the leader as he frantically looked round trying to catch site of the missing guys. "For God's sake don't pulling that shit on us now, we gotta get outta here!"

"I think I might be able to tell you where they are...if you hand over those goods!" Came a sultry female voice from above. The remaining muggers looked up and saw standing proudly on the roof of the van was the certain leather-clad vixen smirking at them.

"It's the cat!" Cried the leader as he accidently dropped the crowbar in shock as and the others soon realized who it was, but unfortunately for them, it was too late. Black Cat quickly leapt down from the van and landed on top the now defenseless leader, knocking him out, before quickly turning her attention on the unprepared mob.

"What's wrong?" Cat joked at the stunned mob. "Never seen a girl in leather kicking ass or has the cat got your tongue?" Then with the skill of a gymnast, she did an impressive forward flip and grabbed the goon round his neck with her legs before continuing with the flip and sending the thug crashing on his back.