Goblin Reborn

There was a sense of irony in hindsight for Peter. When he decided to abandon the idea of a relationship with Mary Jane Watson and go for one with Felicia Hardy, he had also done this to live out his hero life more often than that of his civilian life. At first it seemed to go rather well as with spending a life with Felicia as the only two friends he had, Mary Jane and Harry Osborn, had both drifted out of his life with the latter being the more heart-breaking for the web vigilante. The only one that Peter still have was that of his dear Aunt May, who was oblivious to Peter's secret life and the irony was that noticeable for Peter, he had started to become more civilian and less hero as time went on.

Nonetheless, despite living the hero life, he was wise not to forget his precious aunt in any shape or form. Today would be one of these days he would be visiting aunt May along with Felicia, although the visit had a duel purpose for laying low for a while after his encounter with Harry and, more importantly, an announcement for May he had kept secret from his girlfriend.

Though May's apartment was quite a fair distance from their penthouse, the couple had just arrived at the apartment and was now waiting for May to answer the door. Peter looked over to Felicia and could see her expression was a mix of cautious optimism and worry, he wasn't surprised by this as he could remember when Felicia first met May, it hadn't exactly gotten off on the right foot. His dear aunt had always hoped that Peter would end up with Mary Jane, as she was an innocent yet determined woman, never mind her being the classic 'girl-next-door', Felicia was anything but.

Aunt May was at first shocked by Felicia's way of doing things and how blundering overconfident she was, Peter didn't even dare bring up the fact that she was a former cat burglar, never mind the fact that they were New York's two vigilantes. May had to wonder just how Peter had ended up with a girl like Felicia, things had admittedly not started off in the best possible way.

Nonetheless as time went on both women eventually warmed up to each other, though Felicia was the more cautions one whenever she was with Peter's aunt. After waiting briefly, the door opened and May's expression turned to delight as she quickly recognized the couple and instantly embraced them.

"Oh, I'm so glad to see you two again!" May greeted them happily.

"Yeah," Peter replied equally as happy. "It's always great to see you."

"Come on in!" May said as she motioned them into her apartment. "Don't want you stay out there, please come in."

As they entered May's rather cosy apartment, Peter noticed that the TV was playing, in which his aunt had been watching a game show and then looked over to seeing May express fond words for Felicia asking her many questions such as how was her day to the likes of what she and Peter had been doing of late. In that moment, any fears that Felicia felt that May might still have against Felicia were quickly dissipated.

Peter couldn't help but smile as he watched them interact; however Peter had to interrupt the scene as he leaned in close to whisper to his aunt. "Um, Aunt May, may I speak to you about something...in private."

May gave her nephew a puzzled look at what he was planning before looking back at Felicia. "Please Felicia, make yourself at home, just need to pop round the kitchen for a moment with Peter."

"Oh, um...no problem," Felicia replied as she cast Peter a look of suspicion before sitting down on the couch and started watching the TV.

With her distracted, both May and Peter headed round to the kitchen, which was quite a fair bit away from Felicia and thus wouldn't be able to hear them. "It feels like ages since we last met," Aunt May expressed with some sadness.

"Yeah, sorry about that," Peter sighed. "Just that things have rather...hectic of late." The brunette felt a sense of irony; the term 'hectic' was probably one of the understatements of the year regarding Harry.