Next To A Battle Lost...

All around them, Spider-Man and Black Cat could see the overwhelming numbers of Harry's henchman all aiming their weapons at them from what seemed like every advantage point they could fine. The two of them looked back at Harry who grinned at them as if he'd already won this battle.

"Well then," Harry spoke. "What's it going to be then?"

Spider-Man then looked up towards the snipers in the upper parts of the building and his gaze went up towards the rooftops in which for some reason than other than the top floor windows, the rooftop was defenceless.

"Come on," Spider-Man whispered.

Black Cat gave him a questionable stare. "'Come on?' What are—?"

"Just follow my lead," Spider-Man replied as he wrapped his arm around her waist and looked back at Goblin. "As to answering your question...just escaping."

With that said, he fired a web shot at the upper part of the building and yanked himself and Black Cat away from where they were and into the exposed area in the line of awaiting snipers. Many of the hoodlums who had their weapons aimed at the superhero couple were surprised to see the two actually risk it by showing themselves exposed to all, until they heard the call of the Goblin cry out across the derelict area and ordering to open fire.

"Shoot at them! Don't let them escape!"

With those words, Goblin's troops opened fire at the escaping pair. Peter's Spider-Sense was ringing in his mind like there was no tomorrow as the gun firing intensified. As they finally made it towards the top of the building, they were surprised to see the whole rooftop to be completely unguarded.

The two heroes looked at each other with surprise of what was an gaping hole in preventing them to escape, they didn't really think about why this was such an obvious flaw for Harry, but they decided to risk it and escape from the shooting.

They had just cleared over the roof when suddenly, The Goblin on his glider came flying in right in nearby. However what caught Spider-Man's eye was seeing that Harry held an activated pumpkin bomb.

"Shit!" Spider-Man cried as he frantically made a sharp turn in trying to escape from Harry, but already the madman through the air towards the fleeing pair. The bomb exploded, illuminating the area in an orange glow and causing the already crumbling rooftop to collapse down a few floors. Worse, the blast caught Spider-Man and caused him to lose his grip on Black Cat and send the two of them crashing down among the collapsing rooftop.

Harry let out a chilling cackle that, to Peter, sounded almost like that of his late father. "How does it feel little spider? Being literally squashed like a bug?"

By a miracle though, the crashing rooftop stopped at the forth floor down by what must have been an exceptionally strong floor. More amazingly, Black Cat had managed to grab on to the edge of a section of the rooftop that hadn't crumbled. She climbed up and looked down on the large hole in the ground that was filled with black smoke and she could only hope that just maybe...

As the dust cleared and the rubble came into view, her heart stopped dead. There trapped among the debris was Spider-Man, lying motionless.

'PETER!" She cried out in horror and the Goblin turned his gaze towards the leather-clad woman, he had been completely oblivious about what had happened to her.

"Oh, God Damn not you again!" Harry snarled. "Well it seems like he's—"

"Shut up..."

Excuse—"

"SHUT UP!" Black Cat's eyes were filled with tears, bitter and angry tears they were and the dark expression she gave Harry could've vaporized someone had she'd been able too. "This ends now...this all ends, tonight!" Her claws were now unleashed and she was ready to avenge her love.