Avoiding | 回避

It's the afternoon of the day Onaya asked you to ignore the person you liked. I'm not going to cry. I'm not going to cry. I'm NOT going to cry. I'm going to cry. Why... Nothing ever works out for me! Would anyone care if I died? If I wasn't born, maybe life wouldn't be so terrible. 

      You went to the gym and, oh yes, he had to come up to me. "Hi, Y/N-Chan!" Noya greeted. You put your head down and didn't answer, just walked away. He followed you. "Hello? Answer your upperclassman!" You still didn't respond. He followed you for a while longer and finally gave up. 

I hope I didn't upset him. Oh, I bet I did... I make everything terrible!!! Why am I ignoring him? So I won't die? I thought I had always wanted to die... I guess not...? Your thoughts were interrupted by a voice. "Hey, Y/n." you looked up. "Oh. Hi, Suga," you said, with a blank face. "You okay?" He asked, sounding concerned. You gave the fakest smile, even a spider could tell wasn't real. "Of course, better than ever!" "You're ignoring Noya, that's what he said." You walked away when he mentioned his name. Of course, Noya went asking the Mom of the court to help him.

    Why does it hurt so much? I thought I couldn't be hurt by anything... I want to tell I im what's going on, so badly! I know She would do SOMETHING. Why do I care?! Reputation? I already ruined mine over the years at my old school, so why do I care all of a sudden, now? 

                                                                                ~After Practice~

              Finally, the day was over. I was walking out of the gym when someone started calling my name. "What! Y/N-Chan! Please!" I turn around and saw none other than Nishinoya. He was running toward me, and I decided to run away. "Stop running!" he yelled after me. I could tell he was close, though. I saw a bush, so I hid behind it. I tried to hold my breath as I heard the pace of his footsteps pass the block. I made sure that he wasn't near, and once I was done with that, I stood up.                                                                                                                                                                            "AH!" I screamed. Something grabbed my arm and pulled me back down. I turned around. Of course. He had to find me. I saw Nishinoya, barely tired from the chase. He wasn't letting go of my wrist. I backed up, and he moved closer toward me. "What's your explanation?" I looked at the bush that was behind me. "Y'know... I'm not gonna let you go until you tell me why you're ignoring me. You aren't like Kiyoko. She ignores Tanaka and me, but you aren't that kind of person, so tell me. Why are you avoiding me, and no one else?" I didn't respond. "This isn't funny!" No answer. "I know," I said quietly.  "Why, though? Why are you acting like it is?" "I-I'm not allowed to say..." I said, softly. "You're not allowed to say? That means someone is doing this to you...?" "N-No! Why would you t-think that?" "A lot of girls have done this. A lot. One told me, 'I can't do this. I can't. I'm sorry, but I will probably not be right here tomorrow.' I was confused about what she meant, but the next day people were talking about how she was murdered. It happened to many girls I've known. "                                                                                                                                 I was stunned! I thought Onaya was being sarcastic! "Well. You know. Can I go, now?" I asked, impatiently. "Fine..." I stood up and left without saying goodbye.

words: 607