4.Educating Amanda

Monday morning. Back to work and absolutely glowing from my weekend in Paris! I sat at my desk daydreaming of Thomas and all the incredible sex we had. He's such a skilled lover, I can almost...

"So...how was Paris" Olivia asked as she looked down at me.

"It was...Paris"

"That's it?" she asked as she sat down on the edge of my desk, what about the city what did you do?"

'Um, I didn't really get to see much of the city...busy"

"Really? With what?" She asked, smirking.

"With... I... Stuff" I stammered; she shook her head as she got up.

***

It would be a whole week before I'd hear from Thomas again but I understood and I didn't complain.

The following Monday at work it was pretty much the same scenario, Liv and I discussing Thomas and me defending my choice to be with him.

"And you don't think it odd that you haven't gotten so much as a phone call in an entire week?"

"I mean, he's busy; you know how it goes. His time is really important"

"And yours isn't?" she asked

"Liv..."

"I'm just looking out for you."

"And I appreciate it but you don't need to; Thomas isn't like that, he loves me" just then, Nick and Fin entered the squad room and she looked over at them.

"Don't say I didn't warn you." she said, patting my shoulder as she walked away to her office. I was about to pick up my phone when a delivery guy came through, carrying a huge arrangement of exotic tropical flowers.

"Delivery for Amanda Rollins" he called

"That's me" I answered. The man quickly made his way to my desk and set the flowers down before having me sign for them.

"Tip's already taken care of, have a nice day!" he said and smiled before walking away and leaving the squad room.

"Flowers huh? You seein somebody?" Nick asked from where he sat at his desk.

"Need to know, Nick. Need to know..." I teased as I took the card from the flowers and opened it.

"Tonight,

Car at seven; red dress... no bra, no panties!

T."

That message hit me right between the legs and I wanted so bad to call him to hear his voice but I understood the rules and resisted. Instead, I got up from my desk, sure to take the card with me to protect from prying eyes, and went to Liv's office. The door was open but still, I knocked before entering just as Olivia finished a call and looked up at me while she reset the receiver on its cradle.

"Um, I was wondering if I could leave a little early today?" I asked as I walked in and shut the door.

"Sure. How early?" she asked

"Uhhh...five?"

"That's fine" she smiled and went back to reading the documents on her desk.

"Thanks" I said and turned to leave then stopped and turned back around. "You're not gonna ask why?" I was a bit unnerved by her suddenly nonchalant attitude.

"Nope" she said without looking up from the paperwork in front of her. I shrugged my shoulders and again, turned to leave but found myself turning around once more.