four

CHAPTER FOUR
iv. remember the signs

 remember the signs

You can't live a good life if you can't learn to forgive

- Aslan, Safety Pin

"The task for which I called you three here out of your own world."

This puzzled Jill very much because she was sure that it was in fact her, Ron and Eustace that had called out to somebody to bring them to this land. It was then that Jill wondered whether r not she should be listening to the lion at all, for her mother had always advised her to never speak to strangers - though Jill never did usually listened to her mother.

"It's mistaking me for someone else," She thought but she didn't dare to tell the Lion this, though she felt things would get into a dreadful muddle unless she did.

"Speak your thought, Human Child," said the Lion.

"There must be a mistake, you can't have called us. It was we who asked to come here. Scrubb said if we were to call to someone then perhaps they would let us in. And we did, and then we found the door open."

"You would not have called to me unless I had been calling to you first," spoke the Lion and Jill's eyes widened for a moment as she looked at the Lion again in realisation.

"Are you them then, Sir?" Asked Jill and the Lion looked at her for a moment, a small nod being her answer and she sighed.

"I am. And now hear your task. Far from here in the land of Narnia there lives an aged king who is sad because he has no prince of his blood to be king after him. He has no heir because his only son was stolen from him many years ago and no one in Narnia knows where that prince went or whether he is still alive. But he is. I lay on you this command, that you seek this lost prince until either you have found him and brought him to his father's house, or else died in the attempt,or else gone back into your own world." The Lion, Aslan his name, stated and the teenage girls eyes widened at the task - especially involving the fact that she could die fulfilling this.