two

CHAPTER TWO
ii. the experiment house escape

 the experiment house escape

We can't stay in Narnia forever Ed, what happens when we get sent away and fail to see each other?

- Genevieve Potter-Pevensie

Jill took a moment to contemplate what had been said to her.

Though she had tried to believe the two when they said they had visited another world, she still thought that it was too good to be true. Even if the two had been telling the truth, which Jill highly doubted but wouldn't break their spirits as she promised t believe them, there was still nothing they could do. They were still stuck at Experiment House.

Nothing would change that.

"But after all, what's the good? We're not there, we're here. And we can't get there."  Jill muttered before she looked with wide eyes between the two. "Or can we?"

"That's what I've been wondering," admitted Eustace as he broke out of his trance, Ron composing himself as he pretended like he hadn't just been staring at the boy as he became rather flustered. "When we came back from Narnia we were told that my cousins Lucy and Edmund and Ron's cousin Genevieve could never go there again. It was their third time and I suppose they had their share there. But he never said Ron and I couldn't g back. Surely he would have said so, unless he meant that we were able to get back? And I can't help wondering, can we - could we? - "

"Do you mean, do something to make it happen?" Jill asked with wide eyes and Eustace nodded whilst Ron furrowed his eyebrows.

"Exactly!"

"You mean we might draw a circle on the ground - and write things specific phrases in it and stand inside - and recite charms and spells?" Jill offered her ideas and Ron only laughed as he shook his head.