Leap of Faith

"I'm sorry that your plane is delayed, but here are a few things I can merely suggest to you. You could get a hotel room that's on us. You could also go out see the city if you'd like." Suggested the bald man from behind the counter.

Maya had been waiting at her boarding gate for over an hour. When the intercoms came on, announcing that her flight to London had been delayed. It wasn't delayed for one hour or two, but for 24 hours due to bad weather in London. Now she was Stranded in Germany by herself, and she was going to miss her cousins wedding.

"Which ways the hotel?" Maya inquired. Annoyed and frustrated she decided to get a hotel room to get some rest. Instead of sitting on cold hard plastic airport chairs for the next 24 hours.

The man directed her toward the airport hotel, and he handed her a few brochures, if she decided to explore the city. She thanked him, grabbed her backpack and began walking toward the hotel. It was the holiday season, so the airport was packed.
After a long walk, all the way on the opposite end of her boarding gate, Maya made it to the airport hotel, only to find a huge. Multiple planes where delayed for some reason.

Maya sighed as she got into the line. She had been waiting for the past 20 minutes and the line hand not moved at all. Everyone around her stood impatiently. She contemplated whether to stay in line or not. 24 hours in Germany. Did she genuinely did not want to spend all that time in a boring airport hotel room? When will she ever be in Germany again, she thought to herself. A few moments later, after going back and forth trying to decide whether to stay or leave. Maya finally left the line and walked toward customs. Which was all the way on another floor across the airport.

She took the escalator to the lower level and then a train to the other side just to get to costumes.
Luckily, when she got to costume, there wasn't any lines. She handed her passport and boarding pass to the police officer behind the glass and waited. "You have one week visiting visa and after that, you would have to renew it." Stated the police officer as he returned her passport and boarding pass.

Before she left the airport, Maya had gone over to the money booth and exchanged her currency. Finally, Heading toward the train station right outside the airport. Following a crowd of people going the same direction. After a flight of stairs, she made it to the underground train station. There were people standing in the middle of the platform buying tickets. She walked over to map and read the board. S1, S8 was all she couldn't understand everything else was in German. Great. She thought.

How will she able to get around when she can't even read or understand German. "There is English on the other side." Mentioned someone, with a German accent. Turing around to face the voice. A boy in his early twenties. About the similar age as her. He had his baseball cap on backwards and a sweater. His hands were tucked into his jeans. He had a warm smile plastered on his face as he spoke.

"Oh, thanks." Maya uttered a little flustered for starting to long. While Walking to the other side of the map, the German boy followed her. Ignoring him, she began reading the instructions. It said taking the S1 or S8 train, It will take you to city center and wherever you want in Munich. It said that these two trains last stop was the airport. She kept in mind to take the S1 or S8 to get back to the airport. It took about 30 minutes to city center. Didn not want to risk anything, she decided that is where she'll go.

"Where you headed?" asked the cute stranger. Standing right behind her.

"I don't know, maybe city center. She said, her eyebrows formed a frown as she read the different options of train tickets.

"Ahh" uttered the boy.

He had noticed that Maya was struggling to pick a ticket. So, he decided to help her. Stepping beside her, " Do you want a whole day pass or just a few hours?" questioned the dark-haired boy. He accent was thick.

"I've got about whole day to wastes before my flight," she states.

Taking out some cash from his pockets, the guy pressed some buttons on the screen. After the ticket was printed, he hands it to her. " An all day pass to wherever you want to go in Munich." He said, with a friendly smile that lit up his eyes.

"You got 24 hours," he said. Stuffing his hands back into his jeans.

"22 hours, I have to be at the airport 2 hours before
my flight." Maya corrected.

"So, let's make some memories," he remarked, with a grin on his face. He held out his hand for hers.

Maya looked at the boy she had just met, and then at his extended for her to take a hold of. Her inner voice telling her to take his hand, but her rational self told her she had just met him. She decided to take a leap of faith.

Just as the train arrived, she placed her cold hand into his warm ones. He tugged her toward the train. They hoped on and found an empty seat in the middle of the cart, sitting across each other.

"I'm Caleb." His hazel eyes glistening as the sun caress his face.

"I'm Maya."

"A 24 hours layover is quite long" Caleb stated, a slight frown formed on his lips as he wondered why the long hold.

Maya told him about her flight being delayed due to the weather, and that's she would rather tour the city than sit in a hotel room. The conversation flowed easily between the two. They talked about school family and many other stuff. Maya found out that Caleb was only a year older than her, and he was headed to city center as well. He was going to meet up with his buddies Jason and Alison.

Mayas face lit up as he told her about all the fun places to see. And all the great places to eat. They talked about anything and everything. It was as if they had been friends forever. They talked about their family and friends. When 30 minutes later the train came to a halt, and Caleb stood up. "This is our stop," He announced. Maya follows him suit as they exited the train.

The city center platform was quite busy people rushing to get on and off the train. The station had small coffee shops and convinces stores. Maya noticed a huge hourglass standing in the center of the station and right next to it a train, the one that you see in Harry Potter. As she stood there admiring the display, Caleb spoke up "Wait right here." Before disappearing into one of the small shops across from where she stood. A few minutes later he came back with a disposable camera in his hand.

"You will need a camera, if you want to be a real tourist." Caleb told her, handing her the Kodak camera. After taking a picture of the train and the hourglass, Caleb directed her toward the stairs leading them above ground.

Once they reached the top, Maya looked around in awe. The pictures she saw at the airport did not do justice to how beautiful it really was. Caleb laughed as he watched maya. "This isn't even a famous tourist site. Wait till you see what Munich has to offer." He exclaimed.

"Before we start our adventure, we must get some food because I know Airplane food sucks." Maya smiles and on cue her stomach rumbled. Her cheeks turned pink as Caleb let out another laugh. "Come on, I know the prefect coffee shop." He said, while taking a hold of her hand once again.

If you like this chapter, please consider giving it a vote :)
Thank you