City Lights

After a while of just aimlessly walking around town, the group ended up at a 24 hour diner. The diner wasn't empty but it wasn't packed either. There was an elderly couple sipping coffee at one of the table and A group of teenagers near the back booth. They decided to take the booth that was in the middle.

The diner was vintage 90s retro style, Cute and cosy. Moments after sliding into one of the red booth a waitress comes to takes their order. All of them were quit hungry so, each of the ordered a burger with a side of fires and a milkshake. As they waited for their food to arrive, Ali pulled out her phone to show them some of the pictures she took of the day. They laughed at the video of them dancing at city centre. 

Ali kept teasing her about the dance. she couldn't help but smile.

Each one of the pictures Ali sent had silly captions under it. Some had kissing face emoji and others had wedding rings. Maya roller her eyes as she went through those pictures. 

Calebs arm was draped around her side of the booth. she felt  Caleb shift closer. closing the little gap they had between them. 

"I like this one"

Calebs voice was a soft whisper and his breath tingled on her neck as he spoke.

it was both of them dancing in city centre. both of them were wrapped in each others arms. dancing away as if no one was watching. Caleb had been starting at her with a sweet smile and mayas head was resting on his shoulder. 

she turn to look at Caleb. Their faces just inches apart. He had the same sweet smile and specks of glimmer in his eyes. the sound of her heart beating filled her ears. she wonder if Caleb could hear it.  His eyes grazed over her face as he moved his face closer so, that their noses touched. 

it was as though everything was frozen.  the sound of the diner had been drained out and it felt as thought it was just the two of them. alone. 

before Caleb could lean someone cleared their throat. breaking them out of their trance. 

Their food arrived. 

they shifted away from each other, faces flushed. when Maya looked up infront of her Ali gave her a wink. she looked over to Jason hopping he hadn't noticed but he was giving Caleb a grin. 

her hands were shaking knowing that they almost kiss made her feel all giddy inside. the rush of emotions made her feel like she was having her first kiss again. 

thankfully no one said anything. they ate in comforting silence for a while as they were quite hungry.

it wasn't long before Caleb reached under the table and laced his fingers into mayas. 

"I wish you didn't have to go so soon! There so much to see still. Like the castle and if we had more time we could off taken a train to Frankfurt or even Berlin."  Ali spoken breaking the comforting silence. 

There was a sad look in her eyes. Mirroring her own expression. In just less than 24hr she had made new friends. People who didn't judge her or cared about anything except making memories. Maya hadn't had this much of fun in a really long time. She wasn't the type of girl that would of done anything like this. It was a leap of faith.

in less than 24 hours she had managed to catch feeling for a total stranger. and the thought of leaving him shattered her heart into millions of pieces.