Chapter One

(In the court, many people are seated to listen to the judgement of Kazemaru Ichirouta, the famous soccer player, who was accused of committing a crime)

Judge: Okay, now, may the opposition side speak?

Hiroto: (Stood up) Hai. (Faced audience) Kazemaru is innocent. He didn’t do anything wrong! Kenzaki was just-

Judge: I’m sorry, but Kenzaki didn’t do anything wrong. He is just telling the truth. (Glared at Hiroto) Another please!

Midorikawa: Hiroto is right, judge. He didn’t do anything wrong! He is innocent, and the real suspect is Ken———

Judge: I’m sorry but Kazemaru is really the criminal. We have a whole video tape of his commitment. Therefore, (paused) He needs to be sentenced to jail for 5 years and 10 months. That’s our final judgment and it’s set, there’ll be no further adjustments unless there are stronger evidence on Kazemaru Ichirouta is innocent.

Kaze’s mom: (cried out) That’s impossible! My son will never rob a bank! And he didn’t even go to the bank that day! He stayed with me all the time!

Kazemaru: Mom, that’s no use. There’s a video tape and.... it’s all...

Kaze’s mom: But how....?! (Cried)

Endou: (patted Kaze’s mom’s shoulder) Don’t worry, we’ll sort things out.

Kidou: Yeah ,for sure...... Wait.... where’s Gouenji?

Fubuki: Maybe he left? I heard him talking on the phone with someone just now... it seems to be coach Kudou...

Kidou: (thinking) Possibly....

(The scene immediately shifted back to the day before Kazemaru was caught, which Gouenji, Fubuki, Endou, Kidou, Midorikawa, Hiroto and Kazemaru were having dinner.)

Gouenji: The food is really tasty, right?

Kazemaru: Yeah, Gouenji. (Smiled) Especially the steak! It’s really tasty!

Endou: This restaurant is really great.

Kazemaru: (small laugh) You’re right, Endou.

Hiroto: (smiled, then suddenly turned serious) Hey, have you guys recently seen Kenzaki?

(The mood changed. Gouenji shifted uncomfortably, while Kazemaru trembled)

Midorikawa: (sighed) Kenzaki had escaped from from the prison weeks before. Don’t you guys noticed that in the news?

Endou: (screamed) THAT DAMN KENSAKI! (all people in the restaurant looked at him) I’m sorry... But why... how did he escape?

Midorikawa: I don’t know. He’s too fast that there’s no trace of him when the police arrive. And now it looks like Kenzaki is plotting something with someone to commit something...

(Suddenly, the glass of water that Gouenji was holding slipped out of his hands. Water spilled out and flooded everything on the table)

Waiter: (came running) A-Are you alright? Here, take this cloth.

Fubuki: (concerned) Nee, Gouenji-kun? Are you alright?

Gouenji: (bitter smile, and Kidou noticed) Yeah, you guys know a lot, I am just surprised about that....

Midorikawa: (proud) Well, of course we know! Hiroto and I know everything!

Kidou: (serious) Tell me, Gouenji.Do you know something about Kenzaki?

Gouenji: (frantic) Wha-? Of course not! I didn’t even watch the news! (After a few moments of silences, he changed the subject) Hey everyone, how’s your school life?

Kazemaru: (cheerful) Well, it’s great!

Endou: Me too! What about you Fubuki?

.........

(Kidou looks at Gouenji skeptically)