Chapter Five

Fubuki: (stared at Gouenji, frustrated and scared) Gouenji-kun…

Gouenji: Fubuki, what are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be going back home?

Fubuki: (trembled)…I…overheard everything…Why do you have to do this?

Gouenji: You’re lying, Fubuki.

Fubuki: No, I’m not! (angry) I’ve been here all the me, hearing you and Kenzaki planning to betray Kazemaru-kun…

Gouenji: That’s not true. You are wrong, Fubuki. You don’t know about my case…

Fubuki: (frustrated) But I know Kazemaru-kun’s case! Do you know? He is innocent! (almost shouted) He is in jail just because of you and Kenzaki!

Gouenji: I don’t know what are you talking about, Fubuki Shirou. (glared) You shut up.

(Gouenji attempted to walk past Fubuki but Fubuki stopped him)

Fubuki: (feeling hurt) Gouenji-kun, do you care about Kazemaru-kun?

Gouenji: (startled) Y-yes of course! Why’d you ask?

Fubuki: If you care about him, (walked closer to Gouenji) Then you shouldn’t do such things to hurt him.

Gouenji: (frantic) N-no, you’re wrong, Fubuki!

Fubuki: (almost a whisper) If you tell me, I won’t blame you, Gouenji-kun.

Gouenji: (suddenly remembered what Kenzaki said, pushed Fubuki away) Get out of my way, Fubuki Shirou. If you don’t know about me, then shut up.

(Gouenji walked back home and laid on his bed immediately)

Gouenji: (thinks) what exactly have I done? I have betray my friends that have rely on me since we know each other two years ago… Why do I have to do such things? Because Kenzaki asked me to do so? Because…of what Kenzaki did to my sister? But…(think further) Kazemaru is my best friend! We had co-operated together for many times for out hissatsu Hoono no Kazamidori! How come I have to betray him? My best friend? I don’t understand at all. Why do Kenzaki had to do that to Yuuka in the first place? WHY? If I tell my friends what I’ve done, will they forgive me? What should I do?!

(The next day, Gouenji went to Endou’s house and Endou called everyone to gather up)

Endou: (curious) What’s wrong, Gouenji?

Fubuki: (concerned) Gouenji-kun… You didn’t sleep well? Your face is very pale!

Gouenji: (trembled) Everyone…There’s something I need to tell you.