Chapter 5

I went to report to the new hospital early in the morning.

I knew one of the upper management staff as she was my mother's peer. So, the interview was a breeze and I could easily get in.

It helped that conveniently there was an opening for an orthopaedic surgeon and the pay at a private hospital was rather generous for an experienced surgeon like me.

Feeling a little optimistic, I walked in to greet the hospital director.

Only to think.

This really was a dog blood drama.

I smiled.

"Mr Lin. What a coincidence."

He smiled at me with that irritating cheerful demeanour, before standing up to pull out a chair in a gentlemanly gesture.

"It isn't a coincidence. I signed your transfer papers."

I sat down demurely.

"Mr Lin. This behaviour is really strange for someone of your stature."

Mr Lin smiled as he pushed a hot cup of tea over.

"It's not so surprising since such behaviour is common among men chasing their wives."

Such boring talk.

"Mr Lin, if you're doing this to make fun of me, then please stop. I'm not interested."

I stood up in a calm manner and looked at him coldly.

But that shameless man did not stop me.

"Dr Fu. Just because I like you does not mean I don't know my professional duties."

His demeanour changed.

"If I say that I happened to be placed at your previous hospital by sheer coincidence, would you even believe it?"

I snorted in disbelief. Why would a hospital director be treated at another hospital and even be admitted to a common ward? If this isn't a bad plot hole that usually happens in mediocre dramas, I don't know what it is.

I should have known that such overbearing President-like attitude meant this shameless person had a pretty high status.

He chuckled and stood up to walk over to me.

"Dr Fu, I happened to get into an accident. Since no one could identify me nor knew where I was, I couldn't get the VVIP treatment."

He took a step towards me.

"Plus, why would I need to get VVIP treatment or make a transfer to my hospital when I could get decent treatment where I was at? It doesn't make sense."

Another step towards me.

I looked at him coldly.

"I apologise that you found it an insult that I called upon you and made you my attending doctor all of a sudden. But I knew from a staff that an orthopaedic surgeon was interested in transferring over to my hospital. Hence, I requested to check you out."

Another step.

Humph. I'm not intimidated by your pathetic overbearing male lead actions.

The shameless man chuckled looking at my resistant attitude.

"What amazes me is how could a doctor, as great as you are, be so silly to believe in such rumours as a Hell's Floor?"

He reached me but did not stop.

"Have you been watching too much dramas in your spare time, Dr Fu?"

His warm breath tickled my face.