Chapter 2

five years ago

Yeosang's pov

"Come on, get up!" A male voice spat at me, who was sprawled on the hard floor of my school's hallway. I coughed up blood and curled into a ball, not wanting to give in to my bullies. I received another blow.

"Hey, what are you doing?" An unknown voice exclaimed. I heard a stampede of footsteps inch closer to me and scare away my bullies. I felt a presence kneel down beside me, so I lifted my head.

"Are you okay? Does this happen often?" He asked. I smiled thankfully and dropped my head back onto the floor gently. There was a loud ringing in my ears that drowned out his words as my vision grew fuzzy. My body soon gave up on itself and forced my mind into unconsciousness.

San's pov

"Quick, Jongho carry him to the infirmary!" I demanded. I stood up from in front of the boy and moved away. Jongho nodded and easily lifted the unnamed student into his arms. Jongho frowns at how light he is.

"Okay, let's go." Jongho smiled and led us to the school nurse. He gently laid the boy on the bed and called for the nurse. She entered and sighed.

"Again, Yeosang?" She asked. She began to bandage Yeosang's wounds and clean them properly.

Hongjoong's pov

"Guys, what will we do with him? We can't just let him be alone anymore. We have to protect him." I smiled at the sleeping boy. He soon woke up hearing my voice.

"No one is protecting me. I'm not letting myself be a burden to you guys. No way. You don't need me slowing you guys down. Especially not when you have a soulmate." Yeosang mumbled and stood up, a grimace on his cute face.

"What do you mean." I froze up, too scared to look at myself. Yeosang smiled softly and stood up. He walked towards me and showed me my right wrist. I smiled seeing a simple compliment.

Such beautiful calligraphy, I already love your handwriting.

I quickly pulled out a pen and began writing on my left wrist.

Thank you! I love calligraphy, it's fun.

"Guys, he contacted me!" I exclaimed happily, tears begging to drop from my eyes and roll down my cheeks.

Yunho's pov

I smiled and Hongjoong and gently caressed the black heart on my neck longingly. I gasped quietly feeling a slight tickling sensation on the heart mark. I wish I could meet my soulmate right now, but I knew it had to wait until fate was ready.

"Yeosang, you couldn't be a burden to us. All of us have had rough pasts, so we know kind of what you're going through. If you'd like, we could be friends? We're thinking of making a group out of ourselves to debut as a kpop group after high school. You seem like you know how to dance well." Hongjoong smiled at the smaller boy, who nodded shyly.

"But I still don't want to burden you guys. I'm just a stupid kitsune who-" Yeosang paused in his tracks. He lifted his nose, smelled a sweet scent, and wandered out of the infirmary.

I gasped loudly and cupped my throat above the heart mark on my neck. He's near! My soulmate is within running distance. I writhed in pain slightly and ran out of the infirmary behind Yeosang.

Yeosang's pov

A sweet strawberry scent wafted to my nose. I bolted into action and exited the infirmary quickly. I heard sounds of protest from behind me but paid no attention. I followed the scent to be met with a strong seeming male. He had dusty blond Neko ears and tail with bright pink hair.