Chapter 3

We end the night cuddled together on the sofa. I said I'm sorry and he saw the pain in my eyes. For once, I meant the words. We were both hurting because of me. He walked over to me looking at the picture of the perfect night.

With me still facing the wall, he wrote on my back the three little words I had heard a million times from him. The ones I would die to hear again.  The words I so desperately wanted to tell him back but if I did, it would make it all real. And look what happened to the last bloke I said them words too. It would show the world that Ben Mitchell does have feelings once again. The three little words... I Love You.

I instantly turned around and finally gave in to myself and kissed him. A long and hard kiss. Emotions were high and with tears down our faces, we must have looked like a movie scene if anyone had walked in on us! But in that moment it didn't matter.  The argument never happened, it was just us two and nothing else mattered.

We stayed there. Standing in the kitchen for what seemed like hours. Me with my head buried into his shoulder. I can't help being 5'9! After a lifetime, I finally lifted my head up. He shifted so that we weren't hugging anymore but so that I could clearly see his face.

What do ... want .. .. ...? He said.

You, I jokingly replied. He couldn't contain his laughter.

No, What do you want to do now? He repeated, still with a little laughter in between each word. How about a beer and a movie?

Huh?

Beer and a movie Ben?

Ok. I nod.

Not like I would understand the movie anyway is it. I would still much prefer to do him but he quickly ignored that comment so maybe he is still annoyed with me. He's just too nice to tell me.

I don't remember what we watched. It was more like background noise anyway as neither one of us were really watching it. And I can't hear so it wasn't background noise for me! I was layed across him, my head in his lap. We must have fallen asleep like that. All I dreamt about was how bad of a boyfriend I had been. How much of a burden I had been to Paul. About how I didn't want the same to happen to Callum and that was why I should leave him before anything bad, or worst could happen. Its not what I want to do but more what I need too, to save him.