Chapter 5

He woke me up like nothing had happened. It was very panicky tho. I guess we are on alright terms now, he even ate my toast before he left. Checky bugger! I gotta love him tho.

I took Lexi to school this morning on my way to the garage. Something I dislike doing. I love the time I get to hang out with Lexi and she's always so excited once she sees her friends. It crazy how time has flown and she's now at school! She's been teaching me sign language on our way recently which has been lovely. Today I got taught all about the alphabet. I can now say my name but thankfully it's only 3 letters! Parents and teachers try to tell me stuff which is the bit I hate. I just find it so difficult to understand and it makes me feel awful and stressed. I don't need that at this time in the morning! (Or ever tbh)

I went to the garage and got on with my morning. It was super crazy busy but that's ok, Dotty was there to do the actual fixing of cars! I decided that I would go by the funeral parlor about lunch time to see if Callum was there. Maybe we could be domestic for once and go for a nice lunch at the Queen Vic or something idk. I think we need to discuss last night at least. And that's coming from the guy who can't do the taking part of relationship. Dam Callum has changed me!

----- Later that day-----

I told Dotty to go for the day after she fixed the car she was working on before grabbing my coat and rushing out. I was in such a rush I tripped out the door on my way and turned around to get my bearings. I saw Dotty doubled over with laughter. I ignore her and walk back out confidently, pretending nothing had happened. Noone laughs at me.

I still can't believe that happend as I approach the funeral parlor. Kinda laughing and kinda embarrassed. I walk in and see Callum on the phone. He pulls the phone away from his ear for a second and mouths that he won't be long and so I decide to look in the office and see Jay hard at work. He's been trying to find a replacement for Callum for ages. Ever since Callum applied for his Police role as he was so confident he would get in! Jay sees me and starts making small talk.

Jay: *nods* you alright?

Ben: yeah you?

Jay: oh you know. Worrying about trying to replace your boy in blue.

Ben: Replace blue? What are you on about?

Jay: trying to find someone to replace Cal when he joins the police

Ben: oh right. Well can I take him away for an hour? Put a beer in him (and noting else *holds hands up in a plead* 😝)

Jay: *shakes head* I didn't need to know about that Ben.

Sure as long as he ain't to plastered and that he comes back in an hour. We have lots to do today Ben. Can't all be like you eh.

Ben: Jay, is it ok?

Jay: * slower* yes. But only an hour Ben

I feel someone hug me from behind. I turn around and pray it's Callum. I'm still super worried about people being behind me so I am a little on edge, ready to attack if its not Cal. Thankfully it is. I tell him to grab a jacket cos we are going for lunch. He looks past me to Jay and his lips start moving. I assume he is asking if I have Jay's permission cos they are super busy, but of course I do.

He grabs his jacket, keys and tucks his wallet into his inside pocket as he walks towards me. I put my hand up to it to imply not to worry. To say I'm buying lunch for my wonderful boyfriend. He laughs it off and secretly puts it in his pocket anyway as we walk out, thinking I can't see him.

Nobody's seen Ben Mitchell this in love since Paul!

** Sorry for not updating! I was trying to get multiple chapters at once but got so much university work at the moment that it isn't the case. I'll try and upload a chapter on Wednesdays and Sundays for the time being until my classes are over**