Chapter 14

I walk home, yes we have kinda, accidentally moved in together!, But stop at Mums( well Ian's) on the way back. 1) to apologize again for this morning and 2) because I need to see Lexi. I almost died and want to see my daughter.

I get there and walk in. They always have the back door unlocked. When I get there, Ian is in the kitchen and Bobby and Lexi are playing together in the living room.

Ian: hi, you alright? Mum told me about this morning

Ben: erm yeah. I just wasn't looking. Look, is mum here?

Ian: she went to the shop. She'll be back in a minute.

I walk over to the side to get a glass and see an envelope with my name on.

Ian: .. yeah. This ..m. ... .ou

Ben: What?

*He turns to face me*

Ian: this came for you. The letter.

Ben: *starts to open it* oh right. Thanks.

I open it and read the card. Ian is staring at me as I open it and it's weird. I see who it's from and shove it in the bin and walk to the living room to Lexi. Ian calls my name as I walk past but I ignore him.

Lexi: *runs up to Ben* Daddy

Ben: Hi Princess.

Lexi: what .r. .ou doing .e.e?

Ben: Can you repeat yourself princess

Lexi: what are you doing here?

Ben: I came to see my favourite girl *I pick her up and spin her in a big hug*

So what have you and Bobby been doing?

Lexi: Bobby has been helping me build my new Lego set.

Ben: a new set?! Who got that for you?

Lexi: mum and Jay.

Ben: and jay? Wow what a little dad he's becoming.(bit bitterly) Aren't you lucky.

Lexi: can you come and help us build it?

Ben: of course darling

I'm not that great a Lego but it's fun. I don't really mind what we do as long as Lexi and I are together. And its nice to hang out with Bobby too. With three of us, we complete the build in record time which is good as mum walks into the living room just as we are finishing.

Kathy: Ben?

Lexi taps me and points to mum so know she's talking to me.

Ben: *hugs Lexi and gets up and walks towards Kathy* hi mum.

Kathy: what are you doing here?

Ben: I wanted to see you. Apologies again for this morning. It won't happen again I swear.

Kathy: it's ok. What did your dad want?

Ben: oh nothing. We fought and I told him to leave, the usual. (Not entirely a lie but just not the whole truth either.)

Kathy: ah you two. When will you learn. *Tuts*

Anyway, Ian want's to know, are you staying for dinner?

Ben: no better not. Cal's waiting for me to get back.

I turn and walk towards Lexi.

Ben: bye princess *hug her* and then when we let go she signs love you and I sign it back.

I say bye to Bobby with a hand on his shoulder as I walk past, he's still building the Lego, and go back into the kitchen. Ian is still cooking and mums just talking to him.

Ian: Ben. Ben. *Then taps me*

Who w.. th.. card from?

Ben: oh it's just a card. I don't need it.

Kathy: *picks up the card and Ian and her give each other the eyes*

Ben, are you ok?

Ben: yes mum. I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be? (Semi angry response)

Kathy: I'm sorry.

Ben: what for?

Kathy: you and Paul. You should have got more time together.

Ben: look, it's fine mum. I need to go.

As I turn to leave, someone pulls me back. Ian hands me the card and I rip it up infront of them, placing the pieces in the bin and walking out. I walk home with tears in my eyes as I think about Paul. I love Callum but am still and always will be in love with Paul Coker.