62. B I G G E S T M I S T A K E

Its already 9 am when the interviews in the hall, started. I was just on the side of this hall and observing the way my father acted. Actually he's a lawyer and i want to be like him.

I smiled secretly when i saw how the applicants tremble when its thier turn. I was about leave when my attension got caught by the next interviewee.

She's different, the way she act and the way she present herself to my father.

"So your already a license lawyer but you got expelled in the year 2016" my father said and waiting for her reaction but she just give him a clever smile.

"Yes sir its true"

"Then, this is my question to you. As a lawyer, what is the biggest mistake you've ever done? And why?" She sigh before she answer my father's question.

"Year 2016 when i've made my biggest mistake in my life. My father was an alcoholic person since the day my mother died. He always get trouble to the point that I'm started to hate him especially those days that he started hurting me physically.

But one day, I woke up and i saw my father holding a knife and his clothes are cover by the blood. I suddenly frozed when i saw my uncle, lifeless.

He started walking towards on me and keep on explainning but i didn't listen instead i run and hurriedly call a police.

My uncle was a good guy and i want a justice for him that's why i decided to defend the side of my uncle which is the victim.

Everytime i defend the side of the victim, he just give me genuine smile and just accept my accuse to the point that he was sentence to death.

Before he got punished, he wish to talk to me so i grant his wish.

He hug me tight but i didn't response. He keep on asking me about my job but i did the same thing again, i didn't repsonse. I saw him started to cry so i looked away. Before i leave him, he give me a letter but i didn't read it instead i tore it.

When i got home, i started to cry because i know that my father is now gone.

Days past and i did the same thing until one day, my eyes laid on the cctv on my room. I quickly put the memory card on it and play it.

I was trembling when i find out the truth. Around 5 am when my uncle enters my room, he was holding a knife and based on his action, he was about to rape me but my father saw him so he hurriedly protect me to the point that he stabbed my uncle and the was the time when i woke up.

I was crying and blaming myself for what i've done. I quickly find the trash can inside our house, where i tore up the letter of my father and i fix it.

I can feel how my heart breaks when i read the message of my father.

"I am so proud of you honey, I know that now, your stronger enough to face all the challenges of your life. I want also to say sorry my daughter, I'm sorry for hurting you and being a not good father to you. Maybe it is the pay off of all the bad things that i've done. Thank for everything my daughter, and i want to say that I LOVE YOU! You are the most special gift that god had given to me.

~love daddy.

"That was the biggest mistake i've done. The day i defend the suspect and accused the victim" she said and and i started to cry. No i mean, all of us are crying after we heard her story.